Thread: This is wrong

Default This is wrong

Warning: Graphic physical abuse content not suitable for children to view.

This video has gone viral on the Internet and as you read the comments, new angry comments are pouring in like a flood. The fellow is a judge presiding over Family Law cases (see the irony of it?) in Texas. The daughter has cerebral palsy and instead of looking after her with tender care, he did this. His reason that the daughter downloaded some music from the Internet was probably just an excuse to abuse her.

The real question is:

HOW MANY OTHER TIMES DID HE ASSAULT HER when there was no video camera recording it.

Default Re: This is wrong

If she steal like the father said in the video... she deserve it.

To you it may be shocking. To me, its nothing compared to what i get when i was young. Few stokes on the butt... mine reaches up to 100 strokes with belt, care or whatever they can use. Even fist... this nothing xD

Reason being, failing of test, grandma brought me to the park, not washing my cup.

Might be shocking to western cultures but for Asians, isn't this what is happening in most households?

yea well. it's common in the states too. i mean, physical punishment.

but if what ricohflex said is correct, it amounts to physically abusing a special needs kid. couple that with the fact that the person committing the abuse is a judge who's supposed to preside over cases where there are physical abuse, mental torture etc in the family.

you'll know why people are pissed off once you think the case through.

Quote Originally Posted by Fezqu View Post
    If she steal like the father said in the video... she deserve it.
    You know this was about 6 years ago, she was 16, and her crime was to download some songs from the internet and a pirated game - are you telling me you never did that?

Her particular form of cerebral palsy also makes her have an affinity for complex objects and technology, such as computers...
    Alpha

Spare the rod, spoils the child. I eat quite a far shair of "kay tiao" when I'm young.

As for the girl, I cannot deny that I never downloaded such stuff. (Youth time are mostly our more dumb and hot blooded time) But if she gets caught, she have to face the music. Talk are cheap, how much counselling do you want to give where at the end of day, you cannot promise the same act doesn't repeats?
    Last edited by wootsk; 4th November 2011 at 11:51 AM.

abusing is not equal to punishment, if he/she something wrong, yes she deserves to be punished, but not like that.

if your parents did the same to you, I am sorry. You need consultation soon, coz you will also abuse your own child in the future.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    abusing is not equal to punishment, if he/she something wrong, yes she deserves to be punished, but not like that.

if your parents did the same to you, I am sorry. You need consultation soon, coz you will also abuse your own child in the future.
    Err, from the description, the girl is in the wrong and the initial conversation she said sounds like she thinks that she is not in the wrong. The parent especially the father is angry because of that and decided to carry out the "kay tiao" punishment. It may look harsh, but I think the father himself isn't happy that he has do carry out such punishment.