Garbled Sellers guide:
Lots of inconsiderate buyers and sellers out there, so I hope this little guideline would help you in some way. Some people might find this none applicable but it works for me and I hope it helps out anyone out there too. Good luck.
1. Be honest at the condition of your items. --- Honesty is the best policy, just describe what are the flaws you can see on your item. Just say, unnoticable scratch on the external barrel of the lens.
2. Test your items first.
3. Prepare your items first before posting it in the forums. (Keep everything in the box, cables, cards, caps) ORGANIZE IT!
4. Be firm at your price. ( We all love to haggle, but some are just pushing it.) so before you post, just make sure the digits youíre posting are firm and it all depends on you whether you want to adjust it lower but never higher at your expected price.
5. Donít put ďOFFER MEĒ Ė this is a total waste of time, dont do this. Just use the pricing on your receipt or the clubsnap price list as baseline. Using ďOffer meĒ is an invitation for long sms and PMís
6. Donít let the buyer dictate where and when to meet. Remember youíre loosing money here, its only RIGHT that they meet you at your convenience not theirs. (But this is case to case basis and up to you basis if you urgently needed the cash.)
7. Reserve an item ONE BUYER A DAY.
8. Time is important, I only give 20 minutes for them to test and re-test the item. But ofcourse, you donít tell them that, tell them that you have an appointment in the next 40 minutes. That should be enought time for them to diagnose your stuff.
9. Donít be SMS stingy, make use of the 160/160 max number of letters of your sms. Put as much well thought details as much as you can.
10. Follow my template, it doesnít have to be exactly as it is as I dont.
Selling the below items (for posting)
Nikon D800 Ė Local SG set, bought for <PRICE> in <SHOP_NAME> last <DATE_OF_PURCHASE>
Reason for selling is I need a new toilet seat.
Price to sell: <PRICE_YOU_WANT_TO_SELL_IT> FIRM
Meetup: Meetup at <convenient MRT> Station after work (7PM) only or weekends. (Check item 6).
Things to note: Unnoticable fine scratch at the barrel, smudged nikon letters. Shutter count of 400-500.
No return no exchange deal, View and test the item thoroughly as much as you can.
11. Here are some basic SMS I reply to buyers:
Scenario 1: The haggler.
BUYER: Iím interested on your D800. Can lower from 6000K to 5800K?
ME: No sorry, price is firm. Thanks for viewing.
****Now heíll either ask you to meet him or not. Remember the reason you put FIRM on your post is to avoid negotiation. I donít like to negotiate, if I put my price on the box, that means its already at the discounted price.
Scenario 2: You posted in the evening and you got a reply the next day.
BUYER1: Iím interested on your D800, can we meet tomorrow?
ME: Ok, Iíll reserve the item for you tomorrow. Please let me know 4 hours in advance or earlier if you want to back out or you canít make it that time. View/test all you want, its a none commitment viewing. Tks.
BUYER1: Oks thanks.
Suddenly BUYER2 comes in:
BUYER2: Iím interested on your D800, can we meet tomorrow?
ME: Sorry, Item is reserve for viewing tomorrow, Iíll let you know the next day if he backs out or canít make it.
BUYER2: oks thanks.
When the item is sold for BUYER1, youíre not obliged to SMS BUYER2,3,4 etc. Just immediately close your thread and REPLY BACK only to those who asks for updates the next day.
12. Iím very strict on my meet up time, what Iíll do is sms the buyer 2 hours in advance to confirm if he can make it. If he doesnít reply to you an hour or 30 minutes before the actual meet up time, make a missed call. If no reply, Go home and donít deal with the fella.
13. Ok so heís buying it, ASK HIM TO INSPECT IT AGAIN AND TEST IT, tell him again its a no return deal and once the buyer takes that priced item of yours somewhere else its considered a SELL as youíll never know where they brought it. If anything goes wrong, its their fault. But of course, honesty is important in here.
14. If he declines, shake hands and pack. If he tries to haggle, just say no thanks, have a good day and leave.
15. DONT HURRY, I noticed alot of sellers dont count their money! Iíve seen this so many times..--- When you received that bundled of cash from your buyer, ask him youíll be counting their cash and you would appreciate if they can see you counting it in front of them. Donít get conned.
Ok guys, I hope my post will help anyone in some way...just remember, use common sense, donít be afraid to talk, be honest, and lastly be patient. Just wait for the Buyers guide as Iím stilll composing it.
And add up if you can. Thanks.