Thread: pre-wedding shoot

Default pre-wedding shoot

hi,

I am going to help my friends do their per-wedding outdoor shoot. We will be at places like marina and Singapore Poly(where they met) and so on.

Im using a Canon60D and have 50mm/f1.8 and 18-135(kit). I wanna rent 1 or 2 more lenses for this shoot but im not sure what i should get. Can i get some advise? I was thinking of 10-22 or 12-24 (which is better?), 135mm or 70-200 as i may do some evening/indoor shots with low light.

Look forward to hearing for you

Cheers
    Pri

Default Re: pre-wedding shoot

Canon 85/1.2 or Sigma 85/1.4
    Canon 70-200/2.8 (IS version)

if you choose the 10-22, you might want to consider correcting the distortion in software during PP.

dun recommend u to get 135mm since u using crop body. 85mm should works better. u may need to rent a flash as well so at least u can catch some catchlights in their eyes when u do evening shoot.

may end up getting 70-200 and 85mm...i already have a flash head so thats not an issue...

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by menonpri View Post
    may end up getting 70-200 and 85mm...i already have a flash head so thats not an issue...

thanks!
    u may want to consider using 24-70 and 70-200 as well (then u dun need 85).

You won't go wrong with a 85mm

Quote Originally Posted by menonpri View Post
    hi,

I am going to help my friends do their per-wedding outdoor shoot. We will be at places like marina and Singapore Poly(where they met) and so on.

Im using a Canon60D and have 50mm/f1.8 and 18-135(kit). I wanna rent 1 or 2 more lenses for this shoot but im not sure what i should get. Can i get some advise? I was thinking of 10-22 or 12-24 (which is better?), 135mm or 70-200 as i may do some evening/indoor shots with low light.

Look forward to hearing for you

Cheers
    Pri
    few questions you have to ask yourself
    How wide do you want to shoot?
    How far from the subject can you shoot?
    How thin the depth of view you want in the photo?

For low lights and indoor shots, it is good to have "fast lenses" with maximum aperture like the f2.8, f1.8 or f1.4 and get lenses with IS. For even less light shots, off camera flash with diffuser and/or reflector.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Blog Entries

TS, do know that even with f2.8 lenses, you will still need artificial lighting when you are shooting in dark conditions.

As for what lenses to use, you really need to know what shots you want to determine what lenses you need. There is no magic formula.