Thread: 9 things u need to know about your memory card

Default Re: 9 things u need to know about your memory card

Very useful information. Thanks for sharing.

I usually cut and paste images from the SD card onto the desktop... But never experience any error..

Recover data. i think the sony memory sticks and SD cards also come with that function these days.

Memory Card Tip #8: If you are unsuccessful at recovering images on a corrupted Lexar memory card, you can actually send the card to Lexar at NO COST and they will have a technician perform professional data recovery on the card, put the images on a DVD, and mail you a new card and the images. Now THAT is impressive service! As far as I know, Sandisk doesn’t offer this level of customer support. I checked their website for information and couldn’t find anything comparable. Does anyone knowledge about this?
    serious?

I don't know where the guys got these 9 points from, but a bit of verification would help a lot.
    Memory Card Tip #3: Never “erase all images” on your card. Always format the card. DSLRs provide both an “Erase all images” option and a “format card” option. Choose the format card option in order to prevent a host of different errors that can arise by simply erasing all images. Formatting the card will re-organize the folder structure and prevent database errors.
    The Quick Format performed by the camera does NOT do any reorganization of any folder structure. Also, what database is he blabbering about? FAT as database? Good one.
    Tip #8 might be valid for US as customer services, I doubt it's a worldwide offering
    But since he follows the head of marketing with Lexar I'm not surprised.. those people are the last one having precise details...
    EOS

It's nice to know all these informations. Thanks.