Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 102

Thread: Witness Outing #2 - Cultural Heritage PhotoOPs

  1. #81

    Default

    btw...how much is that sigma 18-125?
    blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

  2. #82

    Default

    learn from me???...i guess we all picked up something from one another lo......
    i am juz a newbie...

    cheers.....

  3. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    seems like my comp is ok liao....later i got time i will try to remember wat i did for the mosque photo then send u the action file..
    send me also

    and teach me ur Painting workflow leh...
    Last edited by romeo; 8th November 2004 at 02:20 PM.

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khairi
    btw...how much is that sigma 18-125?
    It's around S$530-550. You can find some at AP or CP or maybe TCW too. Good luck! No one carries Pentax mount though

  5. #85

    Default

    how come everyone wanna know my paint workflow...hahah

    i will once i find the record action thingey...

  6. #86

    Default Some pics from that day

    Here are some of the better pics. Please comment/critique

    Sewing a golden cloth


    Some "fruit"?


    Chopping coconut


    In the dumps

  7. #87

    Default

    sorry to say this bro....but i tink ya compositions are not strong enoug...

    cheers..

  8. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    sorry to say this bro....but i tink ya compositions are not strong enoug...

    cheers..
    Yeah, I'll admit most of my shots that day wasn't very good. I was trying out the 50mm and I have to say, I miss the ability to zoom

  9. #89

    Lightbulb

    some fruit = pumpkins.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 20th November 2004 at 10:36 AM.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaler
    Yeah, I'll admit most of my shots that day wasn't very good. I was trying out the 50mm and I have to say, I miss the ability to zoom
    primes make a harsh learning curve. stick with it i say.

  11. #91

    Default

    colors are a bit "flat", did u scan them yourself?

    primes are a great learning tool. i've been using primes, tiring and troublesome to do framing but the results are worth it.

    now i gotta learn how to shoot with only 28mm, unless i get another prime. 28 is very wide for street

  12. #92

    Default

    I like the cat one at the bottom... hehe

  13. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quekky
    colors are a bit "flat", did u scan them yourself?

    primes are a great learning tool. i've been using primes, tiring and troublesome to do framing but the results are worth it.

    now i gotta learn how to shoot with only 28mm, unless i get another prime. 28 is very wide for street
    Yep, I scanned them at home. The photos just look different after scanning but I'm a poor man... no other choice

    Hmm, 28mm... would that be more for landscapes and architecture?

  14. #94

    Default

    maybe u can try uping the contrast/saturation in photoshop.

    28mm.... for everything! i only have 1 lens!

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quekky
    maybe u can try uping the contrast/saturation in photoshop.

    28mm.... for everything! i only have 1 lens!
    and a whole bunch of borrowed ones.

  16. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quekky
    maybe u can try uping the contrast/saturation in photoshop.

    28mm.... for everything! i only have 1 lens!
    I wanted to enhance the photo in PS but too lazy lah. After work go home and sleep everyday. Weekend go shooting... after that go home and sleep again

    28mm only? Yeah right. I saw you having a zoom lens that day
    IIRC, I was the only one with a prime (I switched lens eventually)... well, there's one more with a pin-hole camera

  17. #97

    Default

    really lah, for film, i only own 1 lens. that day was trying out witness' 19-35, only took a few shots. still prefer prime

  18. #98

    Default One final pic

    Frankly after using 50mm for some time, I'm starting to get the hang of it No need to zoom in/out really makes me concentrate more on other aspects of picture-taking.

    One final contribution, took a shot at a mirror.


  19. #99

    Default

    i took this with a 50mm too...



    haah...

  20. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaler
    Frankly after using 50mm for some time, I'm starting to get the hang of it No need to zoom in/out really makes me concentrate more on other aspects of picture-taking.

    One final contribution, took a shot at a mirror.

    nicely done.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •