Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Witness Outing #2 - Cultural Heritage PhotoOPs

yup..for easy contact....any prob call me at 97898589....

yeah...damn nice weather....i also want to go out shoot liao....think maybe will join you all...

Will be working till 6.30 pm any night shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by chisiang
    Will be working till 6.30 pm any night shoot?
    Poor thing.

Isn't 1200hr a strange time for photo outing? The light is too harsh and crowd is thin. No artificial light from the stalls and shops either. Just my 2 cents worth. Maybe 4pm is better? At least, that's my favourite timing for street photography. Can catch softer light and after getting warmed up with shooting, can continue to shoot evening scene and the boisterous atmosphere.

Hope you folks churn out good pictures. I would love to embark this kind of photoshoot too if not for my work at hand. Upzz....

4 photos from today's outing.......hehehe.....again I'm the first poster

u tried my painting thing.... didnt really work for u did it??

Glad to know you guys. Had a lot fun there today

This is my first time doing street shooting, didn't really know what to shoot at actually. Just wanna try out my new lens: Sigma 18-125mm DC lens.

Here are some of my shots:

from the looks of it .... the workflow is simple but painstaking...slow dodging and burning...

Some more:

More can be found over here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v492/f...treetShootout/

It's a pity that we forgot to take a group picture

Wow! You are a very superb potrait photographer!! I don't know what's your workflow is like, but your pictures of the close-ups are really good!

But errr... I don't know lah... street-shoot is more about just close-ups of expressions. It's also trying to capture what the person is doing in the real-life situations. It's the things that a person do naturally, in contrast to the posed models, that make street-shooting so different from portraiture photography...

Anyway, should really learn from you some digital workflow! You shots are really good!!

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei
    Glad to know you guys. Had a lot fun there today

This is my first time doing street shooting, didn't really know what to shoot at actually. Just wanna try out my new lens: Sigma 18-125mm DC lens.

Here are some of my shots:

Hmm... have you tried black and white on this picture? Think it look contrasty enough to give a punch...

Reminds me of one of the black and white work of some Hasselblad Master!

the 1st indian guy by fengwei needs to go to beauty salon..
    btw most ppl using 300d?

Thanks guys for the good words I'm still new to SLR, and new to my new camera too.

Anyway, looks like the new Sigma lens is quite sharp when the light condition is okay. Will try some b&w postprocess on Monday (my laptop at home is really not powerfull enough to do a lot of PS stuff).

Cheers!

not bad fengwei especially the old man.

Witness - The burning thing is wat I wanna learn......seems hard

Quote Originally Posted by authmn
    the 1st indian guy by fengwei needs to go to beauty salon..
    btw most ppl using 300d?
    Hmm... not a single 300d appeared in this outing lor... Heck! More than half of us are film uses!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Wow! You are a very superb potrait photographer!! I don't know what's your workflow is like, but your pictures of the close-ups are really good!

But errr... I don't know lah... street-shoot is more about just close-ups of expressions. It's also trying to capture what the person is doing in the real-life situations. It's the things that a person do naturally, in contrast to the posed models, that make street-shooting so different from portraiture photography...

Anyway, should really learn from you some digital workflow! You shots are really good!!

Actually I didn't do much post-process on these photos. Only add a little bit saturation and sharpen a little bit before resize.

I was worried about the Sigma lens' sharpness. Looks like it's okay for normal shooting.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei
    Actually I didn't do much post-process on these photos. Only add a little bit saturation and sharpen a little bit before resize.

I was worried about the Sigma lens' sharpness. Looks like it's okay for normal shooting.

Cheers!
    Oi gerald! Change back to sigma lah... see, these shots damn good mah!! Must be the lens!!

Okay... please ignore me...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast