Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot complete RT/ IPT on time.

Default Re: Cannot complete RT/ IPT on time.

Quote Originally Posted by contrast_ratio View Post
    any idea how many ippt attempts are there under the new rt 20 session system?
    rt ippt is on 8th 14th and last RT session. i suggest ur first lesson be rt and then observe the more intense training ipt people kena. if you are okay, join them but if fail ipt, thats 8 rt sessions if not wrong.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    honestly... your friend is ridiculous. he's blaming his job loss on RT?

he should ask himself first why he even failed IPT in the first place.

the army gives you incentives to keep fit, i.e. the monetary rewards.

my best 2.4km timing is 8min 15sec. 20 pull-ups. shuttle run 8.4 sec. sit-ups 50 in a minute. standing broad jump 2.65m.

if your friend isn't disciplined enough to keep fit, and it cost him his job, why's the blame on RT?
    i agree. now just need to maintain passing rate till 40 or MR date.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Unable to comment. Never went for RT. The new style IPPT quite soft already. The old style test was tougher.
    If we gather a group of Gurkhas to witness our IPPT and they see soldiers failing, they will be flabbergasted. How can an army be so soft.
    Yeah lah, you got a Rambo physique. The rest of us, conscripted NSmens have to deal with real family and real work, where got energy and time to stay in tip top condition and pass IPPT with gold?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Unable to comment. Never went for RT. The new style IPPT quite soft already. The old style test was tougher.
    If we gather a group of Gurkhas to witness our IPPT and they see soldiers failing, they will be flabbergasted. How can an army be so soft.
    the difference btw gurkhas and majority of us is that they are professional soldiers while we are not. most of the time we are working from 9-5pm in the office (dun mention OT), and weekends we are busy with our love ones. Fitness level of cos will be different.
    Last edited by sinned79; 29th January 2012 at 10:54 PM.

Blog Entries

because we are not a professional army, but a conscripted one...

If I were still in the army, I will probably be the one laughing. BUT I AM NO LONGER IN THE ARMY. I pay tax to feed the army, the country and those gurkhas.

It really doesn't matter if you were a weak trooper who stuggled to pass ippt in NS time or a real regular soldier who did went out of fake singapore forest, bashing in real jungles with live rounds loaded and limited water. Few years after they ord, most will probably struggle with ippt.
    5D III l 14/2.8 l 24/1.4L II l Σ 50/1.4 l Σ 150/2.8 macro l 28-75/2.8 l

Wootsk,
    Don't worry, SAF IPPT for NSMen is a joke. Too many failing or not completing the IPPT.
    They will fine you but that's about it.
    You waste time doing the RT of course.
    No other way out, either you find someway to 'keng', or go through this year after year till MR.
    Painful of course, but that's part of the burden of being a citizen.

The best way out IMO, is to take it in stride and work out for your own benefit.
    Don't think about it as doing it for SAF or Garmen.
    Think of getting better fitness and health for yourself and your loved ones (and your wallet in terms of medical bills).

So don't give up on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    the difference btw gurkhas and majority of us is that they are professional soldiers while we are not. most of the time we are working from 9-5pm in the office (dun mention OT), and weekends we are busy with our love ones. Fitness level of cos will be different.
    Not really true.
    I used to run with some of them when I was staying temporarily at my mother's place.
    The married guys work shifts (security work obviously) and exercise is OTOT so long as they pass their IPPT.
    Most of them run 2-3 times a week and anywhere from 2.4km to 10km.
    They are not even as fast as what most of us believe. Probably only a 11kph to 13kph pace.

The real fast ones are usually the younger ones who are still at their prime of training.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post

Not really true.
    I used to run with some of them when I was staying temporarily at my mother's place.
    The married guys work shifts (security work obviously) and exercise is OTOT so long as they pass their IPPT.
    Most of them run 2-3 times a week and anywhere from 2.4km to 10km.
    They are not even as fast as what most of us believe. Probably only a 11kph to 13kph pace.

The real fast ones are usually the younger ones who are still at their prime of training.
    ermm I am referring to the full time serving gurkhas comparing to NSmen serving their reservists. In another words, professional soldiers (serving full time), physical fitness compared to NSmens who got their FT jobs which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    rt ippt is on 8th 14th and last RT session. i suggest ur first lesson be rt and then observe the more intense training ipt people kena. if you are okay, join them but if fail ipt, thats 8 rt sessions if not wrong.
    tot there are 2 kinds of IPT ?? one for those who wan train and pass and the other is for "ah pui" like me, weight loss group ??
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03

tot there are 2 kinds of IPT ?? one for those who wan train and pass and the other is for "ah pui" like me, weight loss group ??
    Weight loss group is under RT

While I agree in principle with your first and last statement, I feel that working 9-5 pm + OT in the office and having to spend time with loved ones on weekends is a convenient excuse for not exercising and keeping fit. It shouldn't be just in response to "I have to take IPPT", but rather, something that everyone does to ensure that they stay healthy. Exercise is a huge contributing factor to general health and wellbeing..

ermm I am referring to the full time serving gurkhas comparing to NSmen serving their reservists. In another words, professional soldiers (serving full time), physical fitness compared to NSmens who got their FT jobs which is better?
    Yeah, full time gurkhas. They do shifts as I mentioned. Don't mistake my mention of their 'security work' as being security guards.
    Very few are actually in the armed forces 'soldier' role (that's reserved for bullet soakers like us )

As said, the 'ON' and the young ones are fantastically fit. Probably a 15kph to 16kph pace.
    But most of them are catered for IPPT (ie. 2.4km);
    longer distance (10km+) and many 'siao' S'poreans can be their match if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    While I agree in principle with your first and last statement, I feel that working 9-5 pm + OT in the office and having to spend time with loved ones on weekends is a convenient excuse for not exercising and keeping fit. It shouldn't be just in response to "I have to take IPPT", but rather, something that everyone does to ensure that they stay healthy. Exercise is a huge contributing factor to general health and wellbeing..
    yes i agree but the sad truth is majority of us here is not that health conscious and we are forced to take our IPPT against our wish lol.

sure, we want to keep fit but then sometimes is really so tiring after a day's work, you just want to lie down and do nothing (lazy but its true!). And weekends is extremely precious haha.

Blog Entries

yes i agree but the sad truth is majority of us here is not that health conscious and we are forced to take our IPPT against our wish lol.

sure, we want to keep fit but then sometimes is really so tiring after a day's work, you just want to lie down and do nothing (lazy but its true!). And weekends is extremely precious haha.
    see how u juggle lor. family outing, go jog together on a sunday morning before breakfast is also good

for me, i jog maybe 3-4 times a week? at night, 9pm. i got a very nice park connector, linking lakepark, chinese garden and jap garden. good scenery

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    see how u juggle lor. family outing, go jog together on a sunday morning before breakfast is also good

for me, i jog maybe 3-4 times a week? at night, 9pm. i got a very nice park connector, linking lakepark, chinese garden and jap garden. good scenery
    haha me not health conscious... so i only start training when I am due to take my IPPT :x anyway i already exercise alot by walking especially when I am with my camera. just not a jogger/runner type of person. I prefer walking long distance over jogging/running.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12