Thread: Cleaning solutions on air travel

Default Cleaning solutions on air travel

Wanted to check if anyone's got experience/problems bringing Eclipse cleaning solution on board a plane in their camera bags since it's a solvent?

It's technically against regulations right?

Thanks!

Technically, Visible Dust's sensor brush does not use alchol and sensor clean is non-alcoholic. www.visibledust.com

Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks
    Wanted to check if anyone's got experience/problems bringing Eclipse cleaning solution on board a plane in their camera bags since it's a solvent?

It's technically against regulations right?

Thanks!
    I had a hardly used bottle of Eclipse solution taken from me as I was about to board a domestic flight within New Zealand. Worst of all is that they do not have a system to retain the item for a while before throwing it away...

Wow didn't know they are so careful checking for this now. I guess compressed air is also out of the question

visible dust ex man...can't afford it.

Looks like gotta go down under to find cleaning solution then

Actually the water they serve you in the little plastic cups (ok I always fly economy) is also a solvent. In fact, it's a universal solvent.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Actually the water they serve you in the little plastic cups (ok I always fly economy) is also a solvent. In fact, it's a universal solvent.
    me no chemistry expert but you're right

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Its not solvents that they're worried about, but flammable liquids