Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Your opinion matters. Ricoh GXR vs. Olympus EP-3 vs. Fujifilm X100

Default Re: Your opinion matters. Ricoh GXR vs. Olympus EP-3 vs. Fujifilm X100

one lucky guy won a holiday.
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by 5paws View Post
    Sorry, I do not eat in Hawker Centres much. I apologise that when it comes to food, I generally look for places with air conditioning, so naturally, I referred to Chatterbox's chicken rice. My bad. For someone who seems to be able to pick up the difference between Chatterbox and Hawker Centres with such ease, I am amazed that you are unable to decipher a typographical error.
    this 5paws is irritating, please give him back his user account here in CS so he can read this... 5paws, whoever you are, no matter how much money you have... you still have 1 life... if you think you are tough enough to defend your own balls try meeting up with me... i will prove to you that your money won't give you 2 lives...
    Why so serious... Son?

Quote Originally Posted by 5paws View Post
    You call it nonsense but you can substantiate your claims with nothing but fowl and grain. Sigh, the quality of of the intelligence of some people here.
    Well, rich dude need to pay monthly installment for cars meh? Friend staying in Sentosa Cove buy super car pay full amount one you know? If you got such good economical sense, why not pay it all once with cold hard cash? Instead of letting the bank earning the interest out of you? I seriously doubt that this dog (5paws) really do own such luxury items.

A person that are capable of earning that much comes with high intellect. I seriously doubt people with high intellect have so much time to create a account just to show off. Maybe you have no one to show off your assets? Maybe you're too hideous that you scare people off before they are able to admire your Maserati. Anyway, why get a Maserati? Its a poor man Ferrari. Go buy a Ferrari instead.

And also don't hide behind monitor and shoot people with your so call, "refined english". Come out to the real world and do the talking. You like going to places and enjoy life right? Want to experience walking to every popular night spot and they refuse you entrance?

Btw, your Maserati red plate one is it? Well, he can't view it already.
    Last edited by Fezqu; 19th November 2011 at 07:12 AM.

Time is better spent practising photography skills rather than arguing here. Hope other 'newbies' who read this thread can have this take home msg. At the end of the day skills is what matters most...not just the technical stuff of cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin
    We should just leave him alone. Difficult to argue with someone who thinks $600,000 is peanuts.
    Too bad he can afford and we cannot... He has the financial resource to overcome mistakes; we have none.
    I doubt he even has his own HDB flat..... He could be a school boy nursing his mother's milk.

Wasting our time talking to him....

all who trolls, talks rubbish, or OT after my last warning will get serious infraction from me.
    sigh.

No offence to current m43 users, but i believe there's a high chance that bodies, with or without viewfinders, with apsc sensors and interchangeable lens systems will render m43 obsolete soon in nxt few years. Especially now that the prices btw m43 and this emerging category are close.. Furthermore, those bodies with APSC sensors can be juz as compact as m43, or even smaller as proven by Sony NEX. I agree that image quality doesnt solely lie on sensor size but mirrorless market getting fiercely competitive in specs.

I myself still largely a film user, still looking for a digital body to use my M mount and F mount lens. GXR was interesting initially but the form factor is
    My GRD3 developed issues shortly after its warranty ended so i have my personal reservations abt ricoh QC.

M43 crop factor would render most of my lenses tele-photo.. But i agree that M43 highly versatile with range of adapters and the form factor personally is especially now the Oly ep3 has removable grip, i tink i saw a wooden one before, correct me if i am wrong. Haha, i am a sucker for retro stuff.

I am still considering the NEX as of now.. prob will pick up a 2nd hand nex3 for casual use.

As for x100.. its way overpriced. But i respect Fuji for reinventing the idea, especially aperture ring control. Make it a interchangeable lens system, and i am very sure Fuji will have a more convincing winner.. When the x10 was released, i was quite disappointed. Seems like Fuji is cashing in on the wave before it dies, hopefully x200 will not be x100 with only minor tweaks.

Oh ya, btw my ans is TS's qn is depends largely if u are tinking of mounting manual focus lenses on the body. Den u are limited not by the camera but rather urself. For easier time during street shooting, i recommend ricoh grd 3 or 4 if u are tinking of getting one new. No doubt ricoh is exp, but i personally found grd3 snap focus with pre-focused distance very useful. Its black and white conversion is usable, better than most in cam conversion and the interface is the best i have used thus far, comparing with C and N dslrs interface. One dial and one jog-dial allow fast access to ISO, aperture and shutter speed. Only prob is small sensor, so iso capability somewat limited at 800 and lens is fixed at 28mm, too wide, took me some time to get use to it..

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling88 View Post

I myself still largely a film user, still looking for a digital body to use my M mount and F mount lens. GXR was interesting initially but the form factor is
    My GRD3 developed issues shortly after its warranty ended so i have my personal reservations abt ricoh QC.
    i can't comment abt the build quality of your GRD though my GXR is still going strong despite heavy use and i'm the 2nd owner...

but what do u mean by "form factor is "? i think its solidly built with buttons and dials in exactly the right place. in fact, it feels just like a mini-DSLR with EVF.
    Last edited by detritus; 20th November 2011 at 11:22 AM.

Means its ugly.. ricoh dials and buttons are intuitive to use, but gxr body design not to my liking.. btw ricoh cust svc nt really tat gd, personally experienced..

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling88 View Post
    Means its ugly.. ricoh dials and buttons are intuitive to use, but gxr body design not to my liking.. btw ricoh cust svc nt really tat gd, personally experienced..
    i think "ugly" or not is subjective lah one man's meat is another man's poison.

the X100 looks chio to me, but the buttons feels like they're all in the wrong place

can't comment on the cust svc cos so far the camera is giving me problem free performance *cross fingers* .

Haha, agree.. my gfren says my m2 looks weird as well. Grd rubber grip tend to peel, but i dun see it happening on gxrs so maybe design wise is better functionally. X100 exterior design nt too bad, but nt original to me. Sth really impt is tat i really find ricoh interface to be functionally intuitive.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345