Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jurong / PG
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

    I've got an Akarui Dry Cabinet 40L. When I was shopping for this dry cabinet, I was told that the cabinet will auto power-cut when the humidity is within the 45-55 range. I understand that it has to be switched on 24/7 but the red power light is on most of the time, so is it right to see the light? Or what should I be expecting? Then the analog hygrometer is showing below 40, usually 30-35. Will this affect my camera,lenses? Thank you in advance.

  2. #42
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Telsoon

    Why 60L is too big?? 30L is enough for you to put things??
    it's sort of like buying a big car and having a single-occupant most of the time

    If you can afford the extra space it takes up, it's nice to have a bigger cabinet. More spacious, if often unnecessary
    Can put other stuff in there that needs to be kept in such low humidity.
    Exploring! :)

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore...............
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    IMO... 30L is more than enough for most users..Especially those who just started out. It is pretty big enough already. Unless you have many 70-200 kind of big lenses and alot DSLR bodies (eg 2-3). Head down to the shop..take a look at the 30L. Then you will get a clearer picture as whether it is big enough for you..
    What does IMO means?? For me because i want a bigger one so i can put more things other than camera inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Go to peninsula plaza branch. They have all sizes to choose
    Went down there today and saw a 60L for 250++. Thanks for telling. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by fadli View Post
    I've got an Akarui Dry Cabinet 40L. When I was shopping for this dry cabinet, I was told that the cabinet will auto power-cut when the humidity is within the 45-55 range. I understand that it has to be switched on 24/7 but the red power light is on most of the time, so is it right to see the light? Or what should I be expecting? Then the analog hygrometer is showing below 40, usually 30-35. Will this affect my camera,lenses? Thank you in advance.
    Hmm, sorry. i am new to dry cabinet too. From what i know, if the humidity is too low* the class might crack and the rubber might come out. If i say anything wrong please correct me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    it's sort of like buying a big car and having a single-occupant most of the time

    If you can afford the extra space it takes up, it's nice to have a bigger cabinet. More spacious, if often unnecessary
    Can put other stuff in there that needs to be kept in such low humidity.
    Same idea as me. If buy a size that is just nice, next time you got more camera and lenses you need to buy 1 more dry cabinet. If the space is more than needed. we can put other things inside.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

    Whatever is good..as long you have room and budget for it.
    (Just saying 30L is actually good enough. But if you like it bigger and decide to put other stuff in..then of cos. the 30L might not make it.)

    IMO means in my opinion.
    Last edited by TWmilkteaTW; 8th November 2011 at 08:12 PM.

  5. #45
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Telsoon View Post
    Hmm, sorry. i am new to dry cabinet too. From what i know, if the humidity is too low* the class might crack and the rubber might come out. If i say anything wrong please correct me.
    I suppose if the humidity is TOO low, it's not too good for the 'health' of the equipment inside. The question is what is too low, and what detrimental effect this low humidity might possibly cause.
    I personally don't think it's a huge issue. Not like the camera will fall apart or anything
    Exploring! :)

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

    ok.. i just got a Digi cabinet ML-30... sharing my experience.. pardon my Engish

    Monday was at funan it mall searching for this model but sad to say most stores are not holding it anymore.. last shop i visit is Song Brothers at 2nd floor and was serve by Alan a nice chap.. as it was a new set i did not open up and test the cabinet however was promise a 5 days 1-1 exchange with shop. When back home while installing realize that its not functioning and called Song brother on today 12noon and checked with Alan if there is any available set for exchange but was told that the set i got is the last unit, however Alan called up the digihub and to my surprise the replacement unit was set to funan even before evening and i'm now a happily using my cabinet despite the mishap happen and i must say that Alan from Song brothers really did make my day..

    This is what i call good and friendly service. Just sharing my experience

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jurong / PG
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I suppose if the humidity is TOO low, it's not too good for the 'health' of the equipment inside. The question is what is too low, and what detrimental effect this low humidity might possibly cause.
    I personally don't think it's a huge issue. Not like the camera will fall apart or anything
    If thats the case, does that mean its a thing I shouldn't worry about? I can just leave it as it is, 30-35? Thanks for the tips thou..

  8. #48

    Default Re: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

    try to keep the RH at 40-50%. any brand will do.
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

  9. #49
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

    i set my RH at 45% so far no problem
    Lousy de My Flickr

  10. #50
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fadli View Post
    If thats the case, does that mean its a thing I shouldn't worry about? I can just leave it as it is, 30-35? Thanks for the tips thou..
    I don't have any hard evidence to back me up on this, but I don't think it's a huge concern if the humidity is around the 30-35% mark.
    Most people seem to have it in the 40-45% range. Mine is about there too.
    Exploring! :)

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jurong / PG
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

    Thanks alot Zerocool... Appreciate it.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

    I'm searching for an electronic moisture absorber, anyone know if any of the shop out there currently selling it?

  13. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by figo007
    I'm searching for an electronic moisture absorber, anyone know if any of the shop out there currently selling it?
    That would be the device in the dry cabinets. Try buying it as a spare from the dry cabinet reps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •