Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

Default Re: Choosing Dry cabinet still got so many types and brand. Need help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Telsoon View Post
    Ya, i can still tell because the meter hand is in the middle. i will go for a analog meter now. Is there any knob for you to adjust the humility level??

Wa, only digi-cabi got 5 years?? But from what qystan said, i dont quite like .
    I haven't seen an arrogant or boastful dry cabinet before
    hehehe I suppose you mean a knob to adjust the humidity level.
    Yes there would most likely be one, like you get in the ''budget-friendly" refrigerators for adjusting the temperature.
    As David mentioned, it needn't be an exact science. A few percentage points off isn't going to ruin your gear.
    Exploring! :)

Im using the small 30L digi cabi.. cheap and good.. just $120.. and actually its pretty big enough.. If not like other suggest get the bigger 60L and u get free delivery to your doorstep.
    Last edited by TWmilkteaTW; 1st November 2011 at 12:16 PM.

Personally i bought my dslr around 1 year ago. And i didn't know there is such a need for a Dry cabi or box. I dont quite like Dry box because too mafun already.
    Okay, i was looking at a Dry cabi that can store 1-2 body, 3-4 lenses. Any brand or size to recommend?? My budget for this is below 300 if possible, if not will top up a bit more.
    How come everyone is recommending a 60 litre, I have 5 lenses and 2 bodies and I can fit it into the smallest Digi-Cabi dry cabinet..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos-

How come everyone is recommending a 60 litre, I have 5 lenses and 2 bodies and I can fit it into the smallest Digi-Cabi dry cabinet..
    Yup me too same as you, got 2 cam n 5 lens and I'm able to put them into the smallest one too.

But no space for new lens haha
    Lousy de My Flickr

Many dry cabinet have inaccurate hygrometer, so whether you buy analog or digital meter, still should get a relatively accurate one to confirm. Doing salt test might not always be useful because some of the cheap meters are very accurate at 75%, but have 5-10% deviation at lower humidity.

I have 6 lens 2 bodies and some filters in a db-036. Very cramp and very difficult to put them all in. Suggest to get biggest your place can accomodate.
    Last edited by NewbieInCS; 1st November 2011 at 04:08 PM.
    5D III l 14/2.8 l 24/1.4L II l Σ 50/1.4 l Σ 150/2.8 macro l 28-75/2.8 l

Anyone with more experience in using HERCULES digital cab?
    I can't find much product review for this 1. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Maybe they like to put them side by side with the price tag in front ?
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by johndc View Post
    Anyone with more experience in using HERCULES digital cab?
    I can't find much product review for this 1. Thanks!
    here one http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/other...t-sd-068l.html

Can also check out the Sun Dry brand from ARTWORKFOTO > http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/artwo...-delivery.html
    Take the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post
    Maybe they like to put them side by side with the price tag in front ?
    Dunno, I put my two bodies (film without any lens, and digital with Sigma 10-20 mounted) on top shelf...

Then the rest just put vertical on bottom shelf. Of course I don't have any huge lenses la.. I can understand why someone needs a larger cabinet if he has say, a 70-200mm f/2.8, don't think it can fit in... But double the size for most people, I don't think so...

infact if you put them vertical at the lower self.. you can store more than 5 lenses in the smallest cabinet. (unless you talking about 70-200 kind) then not quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post
    It's inside the box for mine, I'm sure there are some controls somewhere in the box for any dry box design. Just go for one non-fancy, large enough for your gears, analog reasonably priced one and get on with it.
    O.o, i am looking for a cabinet design ( like the photo you post above) Not really got for those fanciful type,, i just want to keep my equipment and i want to make sure the tray can be pull out without the door being in 180 degree, means 90 degree angle can pull the tray le.

Quote Originally Posted by Telsoon
    i want to make sure the tray can be pull out without the door being in 180 degree, means 90 degree angle can pull the tray le.
    Strike Digicabi. Not possible, the shelf hits the door seal. I think most are similar. Do let us know the brand if you find one.

O.o, i am looking for a cabinet design ( like the photo you post above) Not really got for those fanciful type,, i just want to keep my equipment and i want to make sure the tray can be pull out without the door being in 180 degree, means 90 degree angle can pull the tray le.
    My digicabi need alittle more than 90 degree to pull out the tray (prob abt 100 degree?). Sometimes for speed, didn't bother and just take the camera out without pulling the tray
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

with just 30L, i can store 2 lens, one body and 2 compacts.
    due to the temperature within my room, RH is set at 35~40%
    even if i do upgrade, is either 40L or 50L, 60L is just too big for my liking as space is also limited within my room.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 4th November 2011 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    Strike Digicabi. Not possible, the shelf hits the door seal. I think most are similar. Do let us know the brand if you find one.
    O.o, most of the brand have the similar problem?? If i found 1 i will let you guys know. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    My digicabi need alittle more than 90 degree to pull out the tray (prob abt 100 degree?). Sometimes for speed, didn't bother and just take the camera out without pulling the tray
    Okay, from what you said i am a bit content. i shall go down to those dealer 1 day and take a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    with just 30L, i can store 2 lens, one body and 2 compacts.
    due to the temperature within my room, RH is set at 35~40%
    even if i do upgrade, is either 40L or 50L, 60L is just too big for my liking as space is also limited within my room.
    Why 60L is too big?? 30L is enough for you to put things??

Personally i bought my dslr around 1 year ago. And i didn't know there is such a need for a Dry cabi or box. I dont quite like Dry box because too mafun already.
    Okay, i was looking at a Dry cabi that can store 1-2 body, 3-4 lenses. Any brand or size to recommend?? My budget for this is below 300 if possible, if not will top up a bit more.
    Get Akarui. It's distributed by Cathay photo. And they have 5 or 6 year warranty.

Feel safer this way coz anything wrong, u can bring it back to Cathay.

They have option of analogue or digital.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Get Akarui. It's distributed by Cathay photo. And they have 5 or 6 year warranty.

Feel safer this way coz anything wrong, u can bring it back to Cathay.

They have option of analogue or digital.
    Okay.. i shall go down to cathay photo tomorrow.
    Personally after looking through all the reply above, i will buy a analogue 1.

O.o, most of the brand have the similar problem?? If i found 1 i will let you guys know. =)

Okay, from what you said i am a bit content. i shall go down to those dealer 1 day and take a look.

Why 60L is too big?? 30L is enough for you to put things??
    IMO... 30L is more than enough for most users..Especially those who just started out. It is pretty big enough already. Unless you have many 70-200 kind of big lenses and alot DSLR bodies (eg 2-3). Head down to the shop..take a look at the 30L. Then you will get a clearer picture as whether it is big enough for you..

Okay.. i shall go down to cathay photo tomorrow.
    Personally after looking through all the reply above, i will buy a analogue 1.
    Go to peninsula plaza branch. They have all sizes to choose

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast