Thread: Canon Utilities CD

Unhappy Canon Utilities CD

Hi Guys,

Does anyone knw where i can get the Software cd for 500d. I bought a 2nd hand 500D but the CD was not included. Can anyone pls help me. THANKS!!!!

Default Re: Canon Utilities CD

Go to Canon website you'll be able to download the CD
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

I tried. all updates. without the cd i cant d/l.

Try this instead:
    install Canon camera software without CD

If not, I'm sure they will sell the CD to you somewhere. Just call the service centre.

I did try the link. but i cant merge with right click.

Look for a friend and burn the borrowed copy. 100D-500D CDs are the same, almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    I did try the link. but i cant merge with right click.
    Why not? Please be a bit more specific. I have used this option multiple times.
    All download files are actually full installations. There is only this little check for existing registry keys which can be fooled easily.
    EOS

I can lend it to you. Small problem. PM me.

In the link it said to rename the txt, I did and to right click and click on the merge option. But there is no merge option. I'm using win 7 32bit. Or do I need to put the file somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine
    Why not? Please be a bit more specific. I have used this option multiple times.
    All download files are actually full installations. There is only this little check for existing registry keys which can be fooled easily.
    In the link it said to rename the txt, I did and to right click and click on the merge option. But there is no merge option. I'm using win 7 32bit. Or do I need to put the file somewhere?

No specific location is required. Is your Explorer set to show the extensions of known file types? Please check this. If the Explorer hides the extensions (which is the default setting), all what happens is: you create a text file and the extension .txt is added but not displayed. You see "file_name" but in reality the file is "file_name.txt". If you try to rename the file to .reg what happens is: you change from "file_name.txt" to "file_name.reg.txt" - and Windows will still consider this as text file with no reason to suggest the 'merge' option.
    To change: Explorer, Menu "Organize" - Folder and Search Options - Tab 'View' - List under 'Advanced Settings' - Uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types'.
    Then mark the file, hit F2, change the extension from .txt to .reg, confirm and you'll see the merge option in the context menu upon right click.
    EOS

Somewhat off-topic but this is what I did... I made an image of the disc and saved in my HDD. The next time I need it, just mount and install. Same goes for a lot of other programs I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine
    No specific location is required. Is your Explorer set to show the extensions of known file types? Please check this. If the Explorer hides the extensions (which is the default setting), all what happens is: you create a text file and the extension .txt is added but not displayed. You see "file_name" but in reality the file is "file_name.txt". If you try to rename the file to .reg what happens is: you change from "file_name.txt" to "file_name.reg.txt" - and Windows will still consider this as text file with no reason to suggest the 'merge' option.
    To change: Explorer, Menu "Organize" - Folder and Search Options - Tab 'View' - List under 'Advanced Settings' - Uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types'.
    Then mark the file, hit F2, change the extension from .txt to .reg, confirm and you'll see the merge option in the context menu upon right click.
    Thanks bro. It works. Thank you so very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Tay
    I can lend it to you. Small problem. PM me.
    Thanks for the helping hand. I dun think I need to get the cd from u anymore. The other bro helped me out with the merge issue. But im still very much appreciated by ur kind gesture. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant

Thanks for the helping hand. I dun think I need to get the cd from u anymore. The other bro helped me out with the merge issue. But im still very much appreciated by ur kind gesture. Thank you very much.
    No problem. One day I might need your help. Happy shooting.

Thanks bro. It works. Thank you so very much.
    Glad to hear that Happy shooting.
    EOS