Thread: Where to buy white/orange silica gel

Default Where to buy white/orange silica gel

Hi,

Does anyone knows where I can purchase white/orange silica gel? I found most places are selling those standard blue ones only.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Where to buy white/orange silica gel

not too sure, but its pretty uncommon... cause what is inside wouldnt be the cobalt (II) (blue)

the only orange one i know uses a methyl violet indicator...

my suggestion: find a photography shop that sells the blue one, and ask them if they know where can find orange one.

perhaps you want to share why u want the orange one?

I have checked a few shops and none sells them...as I read the blues ones are potential hazards and if there are ornages ones I might wish to choose that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slmka View Post
    I have checked a few shops and none sells them...as I read the blues ones are potential hazards and if there are ornages ones I might wish to choose that.
    er blue ones... never proven yet to work on humans.

Update on the genotoxicity and carcinogenicity of cobalt compounds -- Lison et al. 58 (10): 619 -- Occupational and Environmental Medicine

Haha but we all 怕死 one anyway one can suffer from silicosis even if the cobalt is not there haha

Quote Originally Posted by slmka
    If its storage, since you're concerned with material hazards, get a dry cabinet and completely avoid handling any stuff.