Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 50mm f1.8 L (white colour)

Default 50mm f1.8 L (white colour)

What do you think ?

Default Re: 50mm f1.8 L (white colour)

abit ghetto on close inspection but otherwise quite nice! hope it's reversible though.

yah.. this time use brush to paint only.. hopefully can have an air-brush in the future to do a better work...

Haha...
    Cool!!
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

Wow amazing..

Nice job! Looks better quality than the painted cameras of DigitalRev fame.
    Olympus OM-D E-M5 | M.ZD 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 ED EZ | PL DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 ASPH

Can share how you paint
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Nice. Looks like tele converter.

I bet you will be able to sell it for 1k++ cos of the red ring. lol

Awsome!!!

Impressive!
    Now, to get a ef400mm f2.8 L and paint it black!
    You don't take a photograph, you make it -Ansel Adams
    450D 60D /10-22 24-105 L 70-300L 100L

Haha very nice!

Just to Share how i paint. Its is a pretty cheap work. I bough;
    -OMNI Acrylic Color white (AC12P#50), Yellow Ochre (AC12P#5) and Black. each one for 1$. (bought at Popular, not sure every popular have it. I bought in North Point)
    -a Bag of All purpose Brush assortment (21 Brushes)3.9$.
    -a pack of Laser printer, water, Clear "Decal" paper. pretty good stuff although i just need a little bit of it, i bought a 10 sheets pack to use in other places like iPhone etc.. (how to use? can search on uTube) about 20$ from eBay
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

step 1) mix the first three color until u get the color close to 70-200. main color is white then add a drip of black to become a little gray. in my case, not sure because my 70-200 is too old or what, a bit yellowish. so i add a little bit of yellow. Note: can add a bit water but not too much or paint will sag. Acrylic paints can dissolve in water before dry. While dry, resist to water.

step 2) put some tape to demarcate the area that don't want to be painted.

step 3) take a deep breath and paint using brush. (that would be good if u have an air-brush with compressor so that you can spray. much nicer work) and let it dry for few days

step 4) use decal paper to put the logos like Canon, 50mm etc.... (find online for logos)
    Water-Slide Decal paper. How to print and apply decal. - YouTube ( this tutorial show u how? they use inkjet printer so, have to spray a layer of something.. in my case i use laser printer so, not needed)
    if you see my lens carefully, there is a typo error. 0.45mm/1.5ft instead of 0.45m/1.45ft

step 5) Here we go, a step that can't be missed out. Put two run of tape with about 2mm of gap for the red line. and use a red permanent marker to draw the red line.

step 6) Share with CSer for better ideas.. LOL

Nice one there...now your all set to capture better bokehs!

Super creative.

Creative..

Personally I garter all my white lenses instead...

nice but a little weird because most of the L lenses below 180mm focal length are black in colour....

Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84
    nice but a little weird because most of the L lenses below 180mm focal length are black in colour....
    This is what we call unique & catch attention.

Quote Originally Posted by nntenzo View Post
    step 4) use decal paper to put the logos like Canon, 50mm etc.... (find online for logos)
    Water-Slide Decal paper. How to print and apply decal. - YouTube ( this tutorial show u how? they use inkjet printer so, have to spray a layer of something.. in my case i use laser printer so, not needed)
    if you see my lens carefully, there is a typo error. 0.45mm/1.5ft instead of 0.45m/1.45ft
    Hey, sorry but I still don't get the decal part. So u search online for the logos and markings, then u print them out at the same font? Then just cut out and paste on the lens? Btw, 1.5ft is correct, my 50mm is 1.5ft lol. Superb work btw

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCamera View Post
    Hey, sorry but I still don't get the decal part. So u search online for the logos and markings, then u print them out at the same font? Then just cut out and paste on the lens? Btw, 1.5ft is correct, my 50mm is 1.5ft lol. Superb work btw
    -Yes, search online for Canon logos and other markings. (PM me your e-mail. I can send you the MS Words file with logos and adjusted fonts. )
    -No, I try to adjust the font size/type as close to actual as possible then do a trial print on normal A4 paper and compare until I get the satisfactory result.
    -Yes, after you print, just cut out. put in the water like shown in uTube then paste it... you can do some practice on other items before you actually paste on lens.

yah, 1.5ft is correct..... suppose to be 0.45m... not 0.45mm ... lol typo everywhere

If you have a friend who like to do model painting with Air-brush, just borrow it for a while and do the work. I actually not satisfy with the result of using brush.

LOL thanks for the complement.

Thaks for the support from other readers as well..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast