Thread: HELP Please

Default HELP Please

Hi,

I have a problem with the circular polorizer when used with my EF 70-300mm III lens. The body is a EOS 30.

Whenever I zoom out of 70mm, the viewfinder looks out of focus (double or slpit images) but the body thinks it is focused (beep beep). I tried to refocus to fra and near objects but the lens just can't focus -- and the camera keeps reading as in-focus.

When I remove the C PL. everything is OK.

I am really afraid if there is someting wrong with the EOS 30. How can it return a in-focus reading when the viewfinder shows 'slpit image' ?

This is a big time crisis for me. Please help.

I also had the same problem on my 70-200 f2.8 and 19-35 f3.5-f4.5 lens when I mount a CP (both lens share the CP because same filter size). But there is no problem when using my friend's CP.

So this means, time to change your CP lah.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamtheatre
    Hi,

I have a problem with the circular polorizer when used with my EF 70-300mm III lens. The body is a EOS 30.

Whenever I zoom out of 70mm, the viewfinder looks out of focus (double or slpit images) but the body thinks it is focused (beep beep). I tried to refocus to fra and near objects but the lens just can't focus -- and the camera keeps reading as in-focus.

When I remove the C PL. everything is OK.

I am really afraid if there is someting wrong with the EOS 30. How can it return a in-focus reading when the viewfinder shows 'slpit image' ?

This is a big time crisis for me. Please help.
    It could be:
    1.Your CP is an LP instead.
    2. Your particular brand of CP just so happens has a filtering size that correspond with AF contrast-reading sensor. (In other words SUAY*)

Remedy:
    Check your filter.
    Change brand of filter.

Default :)

Thanks I'm glad it's not the camera or lens problem.

Well, at least the damage in terms of $$$$$ is not that bad