Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: May i have a advise pls...

Default Re: May i have a advise pls...

Quote Originally Posted by small pig View Post
    If I were you, I get the 7d. And used back the old lens, slowly then upgrade the lens.
    Might be diff to some, but buying a body is like buying a house, lens will be furniture. Usually you will have a house but many furniture. Though some will argue tat furniture is the material tat give you the comfort like wise lens will directly affect yr IQ, thus this is really subjective.
    To me, the lenses are the real long-term "investment". The body is the short-term, short-life part.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

To me, the lenses are the real long-term "investment". The body is the short-term, short-life part.
    Ya. Lenses will last for years, perhaps decades but bodies will only last as long as the shutter and image sensor
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

As I said , its subjective. For me, I decide to upgrade body first from d7000 to d700 , and I am very happy though I still use normal lens . Reasons being it handle high ISO better and I need it.
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Quote Originally Posted by robin-ang View Post
    Ya I use b4 the f2.8 it was sharp but with a 5dmk2 I won carry a whole day haha bcos it was really heavy even if I take go for wedding shot it was just really make me suffer I rather use 400d haha
    By the way TS. 7D is heavier than 5D MKII. If weight is a factor to you. 60D is the lightest among the 3 bodies are you considering.

The most accurate way to know which bodies to choose is to rent the bodies from camera rental stores and try it out 1-2 days. Bring the bodies out to shoot on actual environment. Use it with your current lens set up. This will justify whether the camera will suit your shooting style with your current lens set up.

Just trying it in Vivo Canon showroom is not accurate. And I know some times their display sets either the bodies or lenses are faulty.
    | 5D Mark III | 24-70mm F2.8L MK II | 70-200mm F2.8L IS MK II | 600 EX-RT | Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG (A) |

After reading all your reasons I still don't get why you need a change. Are you sicked of the ISO performance on the 400D? Maybe focus points not enough? Access not fast enough? If its just about the shutter speed, which I'll take as you meant FPS rate, do you really need it? Are there many times when you shoot at high speeds and cursed at your 400D because you missed moments due to technical limitations? Did you try using widest aperture and lowest ISO, but still need higher shutter speeds than the 400D's maximum? Did a moment pass by so quickly that you don't have enough time to go through the menu and change the settings?

For me earlier this year, I was deciding between 50mm 1.8D, flash or new body. In the end I chose to upgrade my D60 to D7000 because D60 only has 3 point autofocus, and the noise starts to kick in at ISO 800. I shoot a lot in low lighting so I needed the noise control. But then after that I realised I needed an external flash too coz my photos all look kinda flat.

First of all, let's ask a blunt question. Are you buying a DSLR for serious photography (including hobbyist) or just for fun (camwhore)? There isn't a wrong answer I mean it's perfectly normal nowadays to buy it just for fun

Quote Originally Posted by BigBaby

By the way TS. 7D is heavier than 5D MKII. If weight is a factor to you. 60D is the lightest among the 3 bodies are you considering.

The most accurate way to know which bodies to choose is to rent the bodies from camera rental stores and try it out 1-2 days. Bring the bodies out to shoot on actual environment. Use it with your current lens set up. This will justify whether the camera will suit your shooting style with your current lens set up.

Just trying it in Vivo Canon showroom is not accurate. And I know some times their display sets either the bodies or lenses are faulty.
    Ya. Where's the *like*button LOL. But seriously TS just try it out. In the end the decision is yours. And what affects your decision is not the functions or features but whether you like the feel and button layouts and whether you will carry the whole setup with you where ever you want to use it.

You don't wanna buy a super functional but heavy camera and end up selling it to get a lighter model and making a loss because it hurts your neck. Just sayin~ ^^
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie
    After reading all your reasons I still don't get why you need a change. Are you sicked of the ISO performance on the 400D? Maybe focus points not enough? Access not fast enough? If its just about the shutter speed, which I'll take as you meant FPS rate, do you really need it? Are there many times when you shoot at high speeds and cursed at your 400D because you missed moments due to technical limitations? Did you try using widest aperture and lowest ISO, but still need higher shutter speeds than the 400D's maximum? Did a moment pass by so quickly that you don't have enough time to go through the menu and change the settings?

For me earlier this year, I was deciding between 50mm 1.8D, flash or new body. In the end I chose to upgrade my D60 to D7000 because D60 only has 3 point autofocus, and the noise starts to kick in at ISO 800. I shoot a lot in low lighting so I needed the noise control. But then after that I realised I needed an external flash too coz my photos all look kinda flat.

First of all, let's ask a blunt question. Are you buying a DSLR for serious photography (including hobbyist) or just for fun (camwhore)? There isn't a wrong answer I mean it's perfectly normal nowadays to buy it just for fun
    Though abit heavy worded (like abit pissed :P) but what zhijie said makes sense. The question is do you need to upgrade?
    My Flickr

to me, seezhijie's post will only serve to confuse the TS

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes

Though abit heavy worded (like abit pissed :P) but what zhijie said makes sense. The question is do you need to upgrade?
    That happens often but rest assure I'm not at all pissed

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    to me, seezhijie's post will only serve to confuse the TS
    But hey he did ask for advice. We are advising him on what to buy but zhijie is advising him to not waste money unnecessarily. ^^
    My Flickr

Haha thx alot all of u...thx for the advise n some guide...for me I really got bit blur now haha...anyway thx to all of u...

Quote Originally Posted by robin-ang View Post
    Haha thx alot all of u...thx for the advise n some guide...for me I really got bit blur now haha...anyway thx to all of u...
    Actually before you get more blur, you should ask yourself these question,

1) What is it that you are most interested in photographing (Sports, Wildlife, landscape, portraits, etc)
    2) Is video mode really important for your needs.
    3) Is weigh an issue to you
    4) Do you really need weather proof body (and/or body that are built like a tank)

Only with these questioned answered would you actually know which camera to go to (of course I make the assumption that you have already make up your mind that you really really need to upgrade your camera for whatever reasons). And... go down to the shop and test those cameras up, take special note on the ergonomic of the camera, placement of button, grip design and weigh of the camera.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

1) What is it that you are most interested in photographing (Sports, Wildlife, landscape, portraits, etc)
    4) Do you really need weather proof body (and/or body that are built like a tank)

Only with these questioned answered would you actually know which camera to go to (of course I make the assumption that you have already make up your mind that you really really need to upgrade your camera for whatever reasons). And... go down to the shop and test those cameras up, take special note on the ergonomic of the camera, placement of button, grip design and weigh of the camera.
    That exactly what I meant
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

Actually for me weight is no a problem mostly I capture landscape n portrait
    Last few day ago I test in vivo city thr for me 60d n 7d dat I was can afford then 60d does not have the joystick like those 50 plus it was non a alloy body(I also not always drop la just think)
    For 7d it is ok for me does not have comment at all it really a great body n have 19 af point and fast focus to...
    Thx for ur comment bro Mayb I will go again n test n check izZit all those function I wan...bcos I was found on my 400d the iso is keen low(but also not always use till 3200 iso la)

Quote Originally Posted by robin-ang

Actually for me weight is no a problem mostly I capture landscape n portrait
    Last few day ago I test in vivo city thr for me 60d n 7d dat I was can afford then 60d does not have the joystick like those 50 plus it was non a alloy body(I also not always drop la just think)
    For 7d it is ok for me does not have comment at all it really a great body n have 19 af point and fast focus to...
    Thx for ur comment bro Mayb I will go again n test n check izZit all those function I wan...bcos I was found on my 400d the iso is keen low(but also not always use till 3200 iso la)
    Note that you get image noise at higher ISOs. The other time I forgot to reset my iso and shot at 1600 iso for the whole day. Looks on on the LCD but it was horrible on my computer. :P
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes

Note that you get image noise at higher ISOs. The other time I forgot to reset my iso and shot at 1600 iso for the whole day. Looks on on the LCD but it was horrible on my computer. :P
    Haha

All 3 are good actually.
    60d a bit slow as it is the only one not using CF card.
    Do u want the cam to wait for your command or u wait for her to react ?
    Do u need video ? 50d don't have.
    Do u prefer lighter body ? 60d lightest
    Do u want to feel like pro? 50d and 7d body is Solid built like FF.
    60d may feel like consumer camera .. A bit plastic here and there.
    if u can, get the best crop now ... 7d since price is good now.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post
    All 3 are good actually.
    60d a bit slow as it is the only one not using CF card.
    Do u want the cam to wait for your command or u wait for her to react ?
    Do u need video ? 50d don't have.
    Do u prefer lighter body ? 60d lightest
    Do u want to feel like pro? 50d and 7d body is Solid built like FF.
    60d may feel like consumer camera .. A bit plastic here and there.
    if u can, get the best crop now ... 7d since price is good now.
    1. That is purely for writing speed.
    2. "Wait for cam" would only happen if the buffer is full from non-stop burst shooting. CF or SD will not affect "her" reaction speed.
    Alpha

Save money. Don't buy body. Buy lens.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Don't buy anything. Think about the starving kids in Africa.
    Last edited by digitalpimp; 29th October 2011 at 06:32 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast