Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: May i have a advise pls...

Default Re: May i have a advise pls...

Quote Originally Posted by robin-ang View Post
    Rash thx for all of ur advise I will think it again n really sorry for the 1st question...
    Actually I got go the vivo city canon thr and try it the 7d n 60d then I was think Wana buy of the 7d but my fren prefer me buy 60d bcos of the screen then another call me buy 50d then I was blur of it at all...thr say 50d now does not have new mostly also on 2nd then he say the body is metal n 60d is plastic...but i was think Wana got video together so I no news bring video cam easy..
    1. Do not buy what your "fren" (I assume you mean friend?) wants you to buy. He/she is not the one buying or using it. You buy what you want to buy.
    2. What does this mean: "Wana got video together so I no news bring video cam easy"?
    Alpha

***** iPhone correct my word again is no need not "no news"
    ooooooh ok makes sense.

Remember, in the Canon DSLRs, you will need to take manual control of the video - manual focus too. Are you that confident in your manual focusing skills?

You may be better off and much happier taking videos with your iPhone.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    ooooooh ok makes sense.

Remember, in the Canon DSLRs, you will need to take manual control of the video - manual focus too. Are you that confident in your manual focusing skills?

You may be better off and much happier taking videos with your iPhone.
    wah rash thx a lot u really teach me alot on it...i till now i really don noe of the CANON DSLRs video is need manual focus..
    ya what u say is true the 1 buy camera is me not my friend then which should i buy then i just buy it if i like..
    thx rash u really teach me alot..i think i will do more home work then only decide..but i hope u give me abit opinion of 50d n 60d can?

wah rash thx a lot u really teach me alot on it...i till now i really don noe of the CANON DSLRs video is need manual focus..
    ya what u say is true the 1 buy camera is me not my friend then which should i buy then i just buy it if i like..
    thx rash u really teach me alot..i think i will do more home work then only decide..but i hope u give me abit opinion of 50d n 60d can?
    Between the 2, the 60D is the upgrade to the 50D. Many Canon users were unhappy because it did not have the same build quality as the 50D, but the 60D has some other features like newer sensor, higher ISO, etc. Canon wanted to "cheapen" the 60D to make sure it does not compete with the 7D, which uses the same sensor. However, the 60D has a tilting LCD, which may come in useful, but you don't get the joystick, etc.

Read the review and you can see many comparisons:

Canon EOS 60D Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review
    Alpha

Between the 2, the 60D is the upgrade to the 50D. Many Canon users were unhappy because it did not have the same build quality as the 50D, but the 60D has some other features like newer sensor, higher ISO, etc. Canon wanted to "cheapen" the 60D to make sure it does not compete with the 7D, which uses the same sensor. However, the 60D has a tilting LCD, which may come in useful, but you don't get the joystick, etc.

Read the review and you can see many comparisons:

Canon EOS 60D Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review
    the link i check before dis bro..then i was think 50d is alloy body then 60d is Polycarbonate resin with glass fibre on aluminum chassis then i also don noe wana to choose which 1..haiz is making me big head now
    for me mp is nth..but if wana upgrade i really don noe to choose which 1 because my budget around 2k..
    if i get 50d dat is cost me 900 then i can upgrade my lens to 70-200 f2.8 is
    if i take 60d then i mayb can upgrade to tamron 17-55 f2.8
    but if i take 7d then i just get a nice body with 19 AF point but no lens upgrade..
    sorry bro giving ur answer me such much question..

* sorry is tamron 17-50 f2.8

Honestly, you need to try the camera bodies. If you don't need the AF points and don't need the magnesium alloy body (do you drop your camera all the time??) then just get a 50D and better lenses.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae
    Honestly, you need to try the camera bodies. If you don't need the AF points and don't need the magnesium alloy body (do you drop your camera all the time??) then just get a 50D and better lenses.
    Thx for all ur sharing n ur advise bro...I think I will do more few review n then make a decision...thx alot

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae
    Gettin a mag body don't mean it for dropping. I would say go for somethin tat you can comfortably afford.
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Haha... Give anyone a titanium body also no use. The body might be intack but the mirror inside shattered. Back to square one.

Camera are still very delicate equipments. The protection are good for abrasion or simple knock. I don't see much that can sustain a drop. Misalignment are the worse and body parts can be misaligned and hard to detect and cannot be fixed. I have had experience with that. Sucks.

To TS:

Asking in this forum might give you tons of response. Still take it as advice and go try out the equipment. All are the same when it comes to functionalities. The price is most branding and some extra features here and there which you may or may not use. Convenience features and slightly better quality for these gears normally ride up with exponential pricing.

Since you have started with canon, then stay with it to reuse your lens. Know why you need a better camera and what features you are looking for. Don't go to the shop and wildly ask without knowing what your objectives are. You end up buying more than what you need or something you don't need.
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

if i get 50d dat is cost me 900 then i can upgrade my lens to 70-200 f2.8 is
    Do try the lens and its weight for your purposes, the f/2.8 is nothing to be easily carried around. The f/4 IS version is lighter and also cheaper.
    EOS

TS, you got to ask yourself what you need over your 400D to make a better decision on the next camera.

If I were to take a rough shot at the 3 choices you listed, it will be the 60D.
    All rounder camera (resolution; high ISO performance; rugged body; fast access buttons).

Er... Rashkae... 50D had magnesium body... of the three only 60D do not have magnesium body.

Actually I would get either the 60D or 7D and forget about the 50D. Read quite a number of reviews that is not that good about this body (I know many people will kill me for saying that... so i will cramp my mouth shut on that matter).

And true, there is no AF option for video mode for both 60D and 7D, but I find those quite redundant (but that is me only). Anyway, TS, should go down to the shops and test out these bodies that he had shortlisted and see which one suits him best.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

If I were you, I get the 7d. And used back the old lens, slowly then upgrade the lens.
    Might be diff to some, but buying a body is like buying a house, lens will be furniture. Usually you will have a house but many furniture. Though some will argue tat furniture is the material tat give you the comfort like wise lens will directly affect yr IQ, thus this is really subjective.
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Quote Originally Posted by small pig

Gettin a mag body don't mean it for dropping. I would say go for somethin tat you can comfortably afford.
    Ya dat y I was still making few more review b4 buy

Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok
    Haha... Give anyone a titanium body also no use. The body might be intack but the mirror inside shattered. Back to square one.

Camera are still very delicate equipments. The protection are good for abrasion or simple knock. I don't see much that can sustain a drop. Misalignment are the worse and body parts can be misaligned and hard to detect and cannot be fixed. I have had experience with that. Sucks.

To TS:

Asking in this forum might give you tons of response. Still take it as advice and go try out the equipment. All are the same when it comes to functionalities. The price is most branding and some extra features here and there which you may or may not use. Convenience features and slightly better quality for these gears normally ride up with exponential pricing.

Since you have started with canon, then stay with it to reuse your lens. Know why you need a better camera and what features you are looking for. Don't go to the shop and wildly ask without knowing what your objectives are. You end up buying more than what you need or something you don't need.
    Ya I nvr ask on shop b4 bcos if ask them the answer will lot then question plus will just make my own bank Acc to 000 haha...dat y u was post on CS forum get some advise of dis 3 model...
    But once I think again izZit I should use the 50d,60d or 7d??
    As like rash say what have I noe about dis 3 model HaiZ....
    Then he say also true la then I still thinking ba no rush slowly review then confirm n buy...

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123

Er... Rashkae... 50D had magnesium body... of the three only 60D do not have magnesium body.

Actually I would get either the 60D or 7D and forget about the 50D. Read quite a number of reviews that is not that good about this body (I know many people will kill me for saying that... so i will cramp my mouth shut on that matter).

And true, there is no AF option for video mode for both 60D and 7D, but I find those quite redundant (but that is me only). Anyway, TS, should go down to the shops and test out these bodies that he had shortlisted and see which one suits him best.
    Thx rhino ya I will make more homework Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine
    Do try the lens and its weight for your purposes, the f/2.8 is nothing to be easily carried around. The f/4 IS version is lighter and also cheaper.
    Ya I use b4 the f2.8 it was sharp but with a 5dmk2 I won carry a whole day haha bcos it was really heavy even if I take go for wedding shot it was just really make me suffer I rather use 400d haha

Quote Originally Posted by small pig
    If I were you, I get the 7d. And used back the old lens, slowly then upgrade the lens.
    Might be diff to some, but buying a body is like buying a house, lens will be furniture. Usually you will have a house but many furniture. Though some will argue tat furniture is the material tat give you the comfort like wise lens will directly affect yr IQ, thus this is really subjective.
    ya u say is true bro I also got think of dis matter since I can afford almost 2k y I don1 to choose a 7d n slowly slowly upgrade it..but I think I will go to check it out more b4 I buy ba...

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Yeah, I meant 60D. I should not post too late at night, I make too many typos. :P
    Alpha

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast