Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Any good advice on 28-70 2.8 lens?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    1,314

    Default Any good advice on 28-70 2.8 lens?

    Hi all,
    Thinking of buying a f2.8 lens...any good recommendation for 3rd party 1?
    Or some1 selling?
    Dun recommend me L lens....no $

    Budget < 600

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Tamron 28-75 f2.8 DI
    Slightly above your budget though.. at around S$630
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member GENO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Teddy Bear Land
    Posts
    2,981

    Default

    1) tamron 28-75mm
    2) sigma 28-70mm
    3) tokina 24-70mm
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

  4. #4
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Get the Tamron!

  5. #5

    Default TRY THE TAMRON 28-75 lens

    Maybe the best in this price range. New around $630 thereabout with warranty.

    Pro - Sharp, quite fast focus. average + build, light , constant F2.8. Perform ok to me at at F5.6 - F11 range
    Con - slight yellow cast, soft at 75mm,

    I will go for it if I am restricted to your specified budget only. Trashes other lens at this range currently.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Hi all...and those who recommend Tamron lens...
    How good is it compare to this..
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...ghlight=28-105

    Anyway when stopped down..the performance is abt the same right?

  7. #7

    Default

    Selling where? Is it compatible with ADI (D) for flash metering?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    Hi all...and those who recommend Tamron lens...
    How good is it compare to this..
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...ghlight=28-105

    Anyway when stopped down..the performance is abt the same right?

    Hi Rainman, are you talking about F2.8 lens or F3.5 lens in this thread? The canon 28 - 105 beats Tamron in many areas. But is does not shoot at F2.8 - period. Can be a bit endless when we move the key parameters because these 2 lenses are designed for different use. Eg : try shooting in lower light like semi-bright environment and the canon will run into problems from view finding and focusing.
    I half suspect you are sure what you want to spend - but not too sure about your need in lower light situation.

    Happy threading.

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Get original, always


    BUY BUY BUY!!!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dundee
    Hi Rainman, are you talking about F2.8 lens or F3.5 lens in this thread? The canon 28 - 105 beats Tamron in many areas. But is does not shoot at F2.8 - period. Can be a bit endless when we move the key parameters because these 2 lenses are designed for different use. Eg : try shooting in lower light like semi-bright environment and the canon will run into problems from view finding and focusing.
    I half suspect you are sure what you want to spend - but not too sure about your need in lower light situation.

    Happy threading.
    I need a fast speed lens for protrait..meaning to say I try not to stop down for the sharpness which will trade off the bokeh...

    Overall, AF speed is not a issue to me, however I find it a nuisance if the noise is disturbing. I will see myself shooting with diffused flash at 1/200 indoor else at broad daylight.

    Btw I'm curious y would u say the 28-105 is better in all ways than The Tamron? U mean USM or Optically its superior?

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    I need a fast speed lens for protrait..meaning to say I try not to stop down for the sharpness which will trade off the bokeh...

    Overall, AF speed is not a issue to me, however I find it a nuisance if the noise is disturbing. I will see myself shooting with diffused flash at 1/200 indoor else at broad daylight.

    Btw I'm curious y would u say the 28-105 is better in all ways than The Tamron? U mean USM or Optically its superior?
    I did not say all ways.

    The obvious advantage of the canon lens is the USM and the longer -F105. I find the colour rendition a bit nicer with the canon.
    Otherwise, optically, Tamron is sharper & have more resolution.
    I still like the Tamron better if I have to shoot your type of shots.

  12. #12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •