Thread: Which camera to get??

Default Which camera to get??

Hi,

I'm deciding between buying a entry-level DSLR or an instant camera, such as those that Fujifilm offers - Instax mini 7s and the like. Pretty torn between deciding which would be better cus DSLRs would definitely offer better resolution and allow me to explore a wider range of photographic techniques (since I've been using digital compact cameras all along) but instant cameras would allow me to have instant prints with a vintage touch and the like.

Hence I'd like to ask around for opinions on 2 ringing questions:

1) How is an instant camera different from a digital camera? How is it better than an ordinary camera? (Ie the technical aspects, aesthetics, functionality and the like)

2) Why are more people choosing to buy instant cameras instead of digital cameras?

Would really help if I could get advice and help so I can make my decision! Thanks a lot yall

Default Re: Which camera to get??

1. A film camera is better actually, except for the instant part. :-)

2. To look different cause dslr has become common. The instax cameras is rather nice since it gives an instant photo of course.

Apple and durian comparison imho.

You should be rather clear on these obvious differences right?
    No right or wrong choice. All depends on what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by callen View Post
    1) How is an instant camera different from a digital camera? How is it better than an ordinary camera? (Ie the technical aspects, aesthetics, functionality and the like)
    I'm sorry, but I doubt anyone is going to write you a small book here on the forum detailing digital vs instant cameras, and a digital camea would be an "ordinary camera" nowadays - one is for girly scrapbook instant pics, the other is a digital camera. Really apple to durian comparison... It's like asking "How is a bicycle different from a sprtscar? How is it better than an ordinary car?"
    Alpha

Hi,

I'm deciding between buying a entry-level DSLR or an instant camera, such as those that Fujifilm offers - Instax mini 7s and the like. Pretty torn between deciding which would be better cus DSLRs would definitely offer better resolution and allow me to explore a wider range of photographic techniques (since I've been using digital compact cameras all along) but instant cameras would allow me to have instant prints with a vintage touch and the like.

2) Why are more people choosing to buy instant cameras instead of digital cameras?

Would really help if I could get advice and help so I can make my decision! Thanks a lot yall
    They are really so different that it isn't worth the while to compare them
    I don't think you can adjust anything of significance when using an instant camera like the Instax mini 7.
    Exploring! :)

Best answer.... Get Both

Hi,

Yes correct. Just get both. They aren't very expensive anyways.