Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend a Cam/ Lenses

Default Re: Recommend a Cam/ Lenses

Quote Originally Posted by Canonball Runner View Post
    Quick tips -
    Clubsnap has a Canon price guide 2011 (sorry I shoot Canon and found it useful), do view it to get an idea how much bodies, lenses and accessories cost.
    Google "Camera rental singapore" - there should be a couple of places where you can rent a body for say about S$30-50/day and lenses also about the same rate. Take them out for a couple of days to try first before you decide.
    Good luck!
    will do so... thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenlee81 View Post
    so for picture taking say abt 500m to 700m away??
    Depending on size of subject and lighting, a 400mm lens is a good choice. You can crop if needed, but you REALLY need to practice your panning.

If you get a PnS superzoom, you can get decent shots too, but you need to learn how to pan.
    Alpha

so for picture taking say abt 500m to 700m away??
    that is very far but it also depends on how your compose your picture, whether you going in tight or the otherwise.

i say at least a 400/500mm lens, heck 600mm may not even be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Depending on size of subject and lighting, a 400mm lens is a good choice. You can crop if needed, but you REALLY need to practice your panning.

If you get a PnS superzoom, you can get decent shots too, but you need to learn how to pan.
    guess i'll really need to practice panning....

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    that is very far but it also depends on how your compose your picture, whether you going in tight or the otherwise.

i say at least a 400/500mm lens, heck 600mm may not even be enough.
    oh... ok... busting budget!! lol

oh... ok... busting budget!! lol
    for a start, the Sigma 50-500mm OS HSM comes in at around $2k and the 500mm prime is about $5.6k.

both are grey sets from DDE, if you want local sets, be prepared to pay more.

Lenses - Sigma - DD Electronics PTE LTD

Quote Originally Posted by kenlee81
    will the A33 be sufficient? or should i jump to the A55, which u mentioned earlier?

since i haven't gotten the necessary camera skills to fully utilize the dslr, does the A33 have something like an auto focus?

sorry for asking really noob qns.. & thanks for ur help!
    If u got budget, go for A55. It costs 900$, and add in a 70-300mm lens, you are good to go. Total won't be more than $1500.

My friend got the 70-300mm and he loves it to bits. He uses it for traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    for a start, the Sigma 50-500mm OS HSM comes in at around $2k and the 500mm prime is about $5.6k.

both are grey sets from DDE, if you want local sets, be prepared to pay more.

Lenses - Sigma - DD Electronics PTE LTD
    wow... ok... really a bomb for good lenses...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12