I am preparing for my one month long Vietnam trip some where in May next year. One month should be sufficient for me to look see most of Vietnam at a slower pace (I wish). Will be having a tight schedule during that period so it will be better for me to prepare my stuffs first.
Currently I am using the 550D, with tokina 11-16 F2.8, EFS 18-135 and EF50 F1.8.
There are a few questions that I need some advice on. Hope that anyone with experience can give me some advice.
1) As I expect lots of landscape, the 11-16 will be my main lens. I will be bringing a second lens, but don't know which to bring. 18-135 covers a wider range and 50mm 1.8 aperture is good for low light condition. (really can't make up my mind over this two)
2) I am currently not using any filter on my tokina. Previously own a cheapo filter but had very bad ghosting and flare. As I will be going to sand dunes, there bound to be sand flying all over. So what would be a good filter with better resistant to flare. my budget for the filter would be around $60.
3) I will be bringing my lenspen for the trip. Is there a need for me to get a blower as well?
4) There are quite a fair bit of boat rides in the trip and I may do some canoeing in Halong Bay, so is there a need for me to get a waterproof casing? I search online for waterproof casing but can only find those high-end casing that cost over 1k.
5) Last question, I own 2 x 8gb SD card and most likely I will be taking in JPEG to maximise the memory. Is 2 x 8gb sufficient should I get more? (was thinking of getting an extra 16gb, kiasu a bit
Sorry for the noob questions, usually I don't travel this long and this will be my first trip to vietnam
Thanks in advance.