Thread: 600D picture style

Default 600D picture style

hi guys, just got a 600d not too long ago. was just messing around with my friend's old 400d previously. i noticed that whenever he went out for some nice shoots, the street lamps' lights look white instead of the standard orange glow.

tried changing the different white balance options but can't seem to achieve the white glow. has it something to do with customised picture style settings? can any shifu enlighten me? thanks!

Default Re: 600D picture style

Quote Originally Posted by samson- View Post
    hi guys, just got a 600d not too long ago. was just messing around with my friend's old 400d previously. i noticed that whenever he went out for some nice shoots, the street lamps' lights look white instead of the standard orange glow.

tried changing the different white balance options but can't seem to achieve the white glow. has it something to do with customised picture style settings? can any shifu enlighten me? thanks!
    Not sure if the photo that you are referring to have undergo photoshop temperature adjustments?

Also, if my memory serves, I belive there is another setting "retouch" for you to choose some styles, e.g. sephia/black & white or some funny color filters. not sure if any of those settings were used
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

it's neither leh. he took a pic on the spot and showed me, then i noticed that the street lamps are all white in colour. i asked him how did he achieve it and he said, custom settings. guess i'll hae to wait till he's back before i can ask him. thanks for the reply though.

Quote Originally Posted by samson-
    it's neither leh. he took a pic on the spot and showed me, then i noticed that the street lamps are all white in colour. i asked him how did he achieve it and he said, custom settings. guess i'll hae to wait till he's back before i can ask him. thanks for the reply though.
    If you force the white balance to be a very low Kelvin value (perhaps 2500K), the street lamps should appear quite white. Or at least their "orange-ness" should be diminished. But not sure how the other objects in your photo will look
    Exploring! :)

Maybe he used custom white balance??
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

@zerocool hmm, will give it a try.

@diluted that's the one i'm asking about. i'm pretty sure we can change some settings here and there. tried playing around with the settings but haven't seem to get it yet. well, will reach there eventualy.

You can ask for his picture style. The lcd preview will apply your picture style even if you shoot raw. A white balance shift on your camera might also create that effect.
    5D III l 14/2.8 l 24/1.4L II l Σ 50/1.4 l Σ 150/2.8 macro l 28-75/2.8 l

I think it's probably better to post one of his picture up so we can understand you more clearly.

Maybe this will help you,

At higher color temperatures, the color becomes bluish, and at lower temperatures, the color becomes reddish. As the color temperature becomes higher, the color changes from red, orange, yellow, white, to blue-white.
    Ref:http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consu...age=1&type=faq
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots