Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Body of missing China girl found: Police

Quote Originally Posted by Kho King
    Sin Chew Jit Poh is the most reputation chinese newspaper in Malaysia (IMO). I don't think what you judge above is fair enough, since you don't even subscribe or hardly read that newspaper. If you do, then you won't have made such comment. Same to you stout.
    Personally, Sin Chew Jit Poh, Sin Min News, Lianhe Zao bao. Singapore or Malaysia. they all give me a typical impression.

Lotsa gossip news that splash big fat gossip news on the front page.

For more objective reporting, I'd prefer to check out a range of news sources rather den stick to one. Of cos, if anything, the Chinese papers got a reputation of being fast... very fast, in reporting. As for accuracy... Let's juz say I'll put it last in my news watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lensman
    Likewise, as you are not here reading the rubbish that M'sian press made about Singapore over the years, you are equally not qualified to comments about our opinions either.
    Agreed !!

anyway if ah how is really tortured like what the malaysian papers said , then i think it's sad , coz the SPF has build up a clean and uncorrupted force unlike some other countries still facing serious police graft problems ... Using simple logic ... ah how was not even the prime suspect when the police interviewed him the second time, so u think police will anyhow hatam people they interviewed ??

I'm not trying to stir up anything across the straits .... what i mean is that some papers tend to add spice and sugar to things they report, which mostly are entertainment effects ...

I'm sorry if i've offended anyone but i'm not sorry for what i said against the 'ba gua' papers (which include our local one too)

Quote Originally Posted by Kho King
    Sin Chew Jit Poh is the most reputation chinese newspaper in Malaysia (IMO). I don't think what you judge above is fair enough, since you don't even subscribe or hardly read that newspaper. If you do, then you won't have made such comment. Same to you stout.
    whatever comments i made are directed to the paper . unless you are working for them then i don't think it's fair for you to judge me on how i judge the paper . Oh 1 thing .. i dun made personal attack like " If you do, then you won't have made such comment. Same to you stout. " , well .... u can attack my local lianhe zaobao though

Kho king- what interrogation methods would u suggest the police to use to get a suspect confess ?

Invite him over to istana(our president residence) for a dinner ask him politely ?
    Even Anwar got a black eye from the convicted Police chief~

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    The Malaysian suspect is working here and should be holding a work permit. The green card you are refering to is the Work Permit. The card alone is not enough to get you across the causeway. Work permit holders travelling thru' any entry point need to produce both the work permit and their passport. With the green card, they ICA officer at the checkpoint won't stamp your passport, and will let you thru' after authenticating the card on the computer.
    hink what he meant was another magnet-card that you can apply a the immigration when you are travelling in and out between Sing-M'sia frequently without showing your passport........

HS

ot a bit.. anyone other that me find it funny that the father and husband didn't come to sg after so many weeks?
    i mean come on.... your daughter is MISSING! at least come and look for her!

i keep hearing how he can't come to singapore becoz of business and stuff like dat... but wat company or boss won't let u off when something like this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by kop
    this guy need to be hanged...sorry, too easy for him liao. cane him 24 strokes first before hanging him.
    Does that make you a better person, by wishing another person to be killed?.......killing the killer doesn't bringback the young girl, but there may be some psychological problems in some people (no matter their nationality or gender) which we need to find out more about, and need to find out before more of these killings are occurring... just like when there are alcoholists, find out WHY they start drinking etc...(marital problems, other problems....) much more meaningful than just putting someone to death without even working on the cause....

HS

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Malakite
    ot a bit.. anyone other that me find it funny that the father and husband didn't come to sg after so many weeks?
    i mean come on.... your daughter is MISSING! at least come and look for her!

i keep hearing how he can't come to singapore becoz of business and stuff like dat... but wat company or boss won't let u off when something like this happens?
    the current husband of the victim's mother is not the victim's paternal father. her mother remarried.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Thankfully I'm not the interrogating officer. Splashing cold water on this sick paedophile ain't good enuff for me.

I'll probably dish out my most sadistic torture methods rivalling that of the 10 Greatest Tortures of Manchu on this fella.

With some criminals u can't go soft.
    Sorry mate, but anyone before the law is considered innocent unless proven guilty.....people here are already pointing that this guy is the killer, please let the law and police do their work, before we are all guessing here.....just pointing the police the spot where the body lies doesn't mean that he is the killer. It only proves he knew the place where the body lies.....they are very likely doing some DNA tests now....so lets all wait for the results....

HS

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Sorry mate, but anyone before the law is considered innocent unless proven guilty.....people here are already pointing that this guy is the killer, please let the law and police do their work, before we are all guessing here.....just pointing the police the spot where the body lies doesn't mean that he is the killer. It only proves he knew the place where the body lies.....they are very likely doing some DNA tests now....so lets all wait for the results....

HS
    he was charged with murder in the court today. the public prosecutor would be a fool to charge him for murder if there were not sufficient evidence that the murder charge would stick. mind you, it is a capital offence, so no lightweight DPP would be involved.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 2nd November 2004 at 08:35 AM.

HS
    he led the police to the body... how innocent can he be? LOL.... would any tom dick or harry be able to led the police to where the BODY is?

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    the current husband of the victim's mother is not the victim's paternal father. her mother remarried.

er.. ok.. i didn't knoe dat.. but.. still... come here at least to console da wife la... he married her after all....

Funny. Aren't we quite OT here? This does not seem to have anything to do with photography?

Anyway, just to be fair, Sin Chew Jit Poh only reported what ah how said regarding being tortured by Singapore police. They did not report that Singapore police actually tortured him. There is a subtle difference here. They are reporting what ah how reportedly said, not the truth of what he said. So let's not all get worked up over our misplaced patriotism?

If ah how claims he has been tortured into confession, then the law accords him the right to bring it up in court and for the officers named to answer to the allegations in court. If he does not even do so, then we all can make our own assessment of how true or false his claims are in the first place.

And to put things right, pertaining to one of the earlier posts. If you are a witness to a case heard before the court, you are compelled by law to attend, and cannot suka suka decide you don't want to go because you don't like the officer's face or attitude. You may be charged in court yourself if you fail to attend. In any case, you may request to be compensated for the loss or income incurred by the number of working days you missed as a result. To the earlier post, you probably weren't a key witness so the court did not bother with your absence. Being punctual is basic respect for the court and judiciary and it's amazing how one can still have the cheek to complain about being reprimanded for being late.

Something very fishy about her mother. I felt she has been hiding something. I mean even if my kid is 9yrs old and pretty smart, I would dump her all alone with a guardian for so long. I think her mother should hold some responsibilities of losing her. What's more, I feel uncomfortable of a mother mixing/associate with some many "ah bengs" friends type like the suspect.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Starguardian
    Funny. Aren't we quite OT here? This does not seem to have anything to do with photography?

Anyway, just to be fair, Sin Chew Jit Poh only reported what ah how said regarding being tortured by Singapore police. They did not report that Singapore police actually tortured him. There is a subtle difference here. They are reporting what ah how reportedly said, not the truth of what he said. So let's not all get worked up over our misplaced patriotism?

If ah how claims he has been tortured into confession, then the law accords him the right to bring it up in court and for the officers named to answer to the allegations in court. If he does not even do so, then we all can make our own assessment of how true or false his claims are in the first place.

And to put things right, pertaining to one of the earlier posts. If you are a witness to a case heard before the court, you are compelled by law to attend, and cannot suka suka decide you don't want to go because you don't like the officer's face or attitude. You may be charged in court yourself if you fail to attend. In any case, you may request to be compensated for the loss or income incurred by the number of working days you missed as a result. To the earlier post, you probably weren't a key witness so the court did not bother with your absence. Being punctual is basic respect for the court and judiciary and it's amazing how one can still have the cheek to complain about being reprimanded for being late.
    since when kopitiam has much to do with photography?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    Something very fishy about her mother. I felt she has been hiding something. I mean even if my kid is 9yrs old and pretty smart, I would dump her all alone with a guardian for so long. I think her mother should hold some responsibilities of losing her. What's more, I feel uncomfortable of a mother mixing/associate with some many "ah bengs" friends type like the suspect.
    i feel that you are judging. there are many other people in this world who lead lives which we may not agree with or even comtemplate at all. you are seeing the world through your 'narrow' view.

time to see the 'real' world when you are out photographing. use both 'lenses'.

HS
    I'm not sure if u'd noticed. But if u'd not, time to sit up to take note.

Whilst things look nice on paper. In Asia, the social thinking tend to lean on a "Guilty until proven Innocent" mentality.

Not trying to pick a fight. But juz to point out the alternate reality of life.

well, lets just hope that whoever it is will be brought to justice as soon as possible....

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    I'm not sure if u'd noticed. But if u'd not, time to sit up to take note.

Whilst things look nice on paper. In Asia, the social thinking tend to lean on a "Guilty until proven Innocent" mentality.

Not trying to pick a fight. But juz to point out the alternate reality of life.
    Agreed.

I find this whole drama dodgy in the first place.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast