Contest B: People & Places
by Memory Lane of Toa Payoh - Photography Competition & Exhibition on Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 8:48pm
Theme: Toa Payoh in 48 hours
Duration: 18 Nov (Fri) 6.30pm – 20 Nov 6.30pm (48hrs)
Categories & Prizes
i) Toa Payoh Residents
Prizes for each categories
Top 3 Winning Award:
- 1st Prize: Nikon 1 V1 with two lens zoom kit
- 2nd Prize: Nikon 1 V1 with one len kit
- 3rd Prize: Nikon 1 J1 with two lens zoom kit
6 Consolation Prizes:
- More than $100 worth of Camera Tripod
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
Registration for the competition
You may register online at onePA
(Activity code A17544251), or register at any CC near you.
The competition will be open for registration from 1 October 2011 till 12 November 2011. The registration fee is FREE.
On the event day, collect your competition pack at Toa Payoh Central CC at the stipulated hours and start your exciting 48 hours of photo snapping.
Competition packs collection info:
Date/Time: Friday, 18 November, 6.30 – 9.30pm
Venue: Toa Payoh Central CC
* Please bring along your NRIC for verification and collection of the competition packs.
Participants are requested to pre-select their final photos for the competition and submit to the counters set up at Toa Payoh Central CC.
Submission Time: Sunday, 20 November 2011, 3pm - 8pm.
3 simple steps to submit the photo
1) Choose the photo you wish to submit and take note of the filename.
2) Take out the storage card from the camera and pass it to the submission officer at the booth, and tell him the file name/number.
3) Enter the title and description into a worksheet for judging purpose. Participants will be given a receipt for successfully submitted entries.
* Participants can use any digital camera during the event.
* All photos taken must reflect the theme of the competition and must be taken within the boundaries of Toa Payoh.
* All submissions for Category B must be taken within the 48 hours from 18 Nov (Fri) 6.30pm till 20 Nov 6.30pm.
* Only digital images are accepted. All photographs submitted MUST be in JPEG format and sized to approximately minimum 5MB.
* All photograph works must be original and unpublished. The participant must also be the original copyright owner and author of every photograph submitted.
* Entries (soft copy) should be submitted along with a title and description.
* Deadline for submission will be 8pm on 20 November 2011 sharp. The organisers reserves the rights to reject any submission after the deadline.
* All submissions are final. Further changes will not be allowed.
* Each participant may submit a maximum of 4 (four) entry in this competition.
* Adding or removing key elements of the composition is strongly discouraged. Excessively manipulated photos will be disqualified.
* Storage format accepted are CF / SD / MMC / XD / MS formats. Participants using other formats must supply their own relevant adaptors / drives for use during the submission of entries during the event. The Organizers will not be held responsible for the inability to read / download images.
* The Organisers will not be responsible for providing photographic equipment including camera, spare batteries, lenses or additional memory cards. All participants are expected to come prepared with all their photographic equipment. Please be aware that no charging facilities will be provided.
All entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
* Relevance to theme
* Creativity in theme interpretation: Use of caption and descriptions
* Use of colours and light / shadows
* Composition of photograph
* Please remember to bring NRIC For registration for the Event and the submission of photographs.
* Be creative in interpreting the themes.
* Return early so that you have time to select and download your best pictures.
* Pre-select your best image so that you can download quickly.
* Do not trespass into private property.
* Do not be a nuisance in public, and DO NOT break the law under any circumstances.