Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draft Work stolen and used for publication without my agreement

Default Re: Draft Work stolen and used for publication without my agreement

They agreed to the stated price and apologized for using it without informing me about it.. haha.. thanks for the help bro

Congrat for winning.

Another victory against the wicked ones. Kudos to you.

This case, it is not about winning. It is just getting what he deserved, his paid for his work done. My guess is that they probably were in a haste to get it out and don't really meant to do it this way. Just graciously accept and quietly move on. Glad how it ends well here for you. Btw, the title doesn't seems appropriate.
    Last edited by coolthought; 26th October 2011 at 05:24 AM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Blog Entries

Since they agree to pay and apologized, I think TS can close this chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by nikonriana
    They agreed to the stated price and apologized for using it without informing me about it.. haha.. thanks for the help bro
    Good to know u r getting your dues.

Lesson learned is never give high res file until it's confirmed deal!!

always give a low res jpeg file (200kb) will do.

Phew! Glad to know things is alright for you now!

Cheers!

http://lindaypp.com

People, please don't jump into litigation so easily. It's costly to you & time consuming, always take it as the last resort & weigh the value of it. Is the outcome worth it & you may not win the case even if you are the victim. Best to have a discussion to sort things out. Worst scenario is to move-on & a lesson learnt.
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post
    People, please don't jump into litigation so easily. It's costly to you & time consuming, always take it as the last resort & weigh the value of it. Is the outcome worth it & you may not win the case even if you are the victim. Best to have a discussion to sort things out. Worst scenario is to move-on & a lesson learnt.
    it might just mean that there is a need for a simpler, or at least perhaps more approachable and available option besides what we have now.

it was an issue that was raised during the ASCR forum too, because infringement of copyrights is pretty much a widespread practice, where most people often say its not worth the time and therefore let the wrong go to pass...
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 27th October 2011 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    it might just mean that there is a need for a simpler, or at least perhaps more approachable and available option besides what we have now.

it was an issue that was raised during the ASCR forum too, because infringement of copyrights is pretty much a widespread practice, where most people often say its not worth the time and therefore let the wrong go to pass...
    No doubt about it but a simple job by a lawyer is going to cost you at least S$1.5K & court fees are extra, anything that goes to High court will set you back 5-6 figures easily. I would leave all these to big firms who are prepared to fight & lawyers are only happy to hear the cash register "chink"

I've also seen people win the case but the magazine or company closes down & declares bankrupt. Sighhh.

Meanwhile, we all get fleeced one way or another, it's part of growing up especially in the design world. Nothing wrong with voicing out, it may all end up well.
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12