Thread: Pet photography....

Question Pet photography....

I am considering starting a pet photography business, I live in Bowling Green, KY very close to Nashville, TN and there are no other photographers focusing on only pets in this area. I think it would be a great market to get into. Does anyone have any advice or comments. All information would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lidlelou
    I am considering starting a pet photography business, I live in Bowling Green, KY very close to Nashville, TN and there are no other photographers focusing on only pets in this area. I think it would be a great market to get into. Does anyone have any advice or comments. All information would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this.

Hi lidlelou,

Out of curiousity. When you have taken the pet photo, how will you present it to the client ?
    Do you have a choice of frames, do you have a range of templates to print the photo's in ... with say different borders, or sayings like, "poochy's birthday, I love my cat", or other sentiments ....Bessie is on heat ???

Time, is an effortless construction :)

The pictures can be presented in many ways depending on the clients wishes. I will begin by finding out more about why they want pics taken and go from there. Also, at pet events, I could have a booth set up for pet Howl-o-ween (for instance) pictures. Thanks for the questions.

lidlelou

the most important thing in starting out with photography to make you money is to have a decent portfolio. your potential clients will have to see some decent work before they will hire you.