Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Daddys-to-be brought DSLR into delivery Room B4?

Default Re: Any Daddys-to-be brought DSLR into delivery Room B4?

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    just a couple of months ago, I was told by a staff in Thomson Medical that no photography allow in the delivery suite but allow outside in an area outside....
    just check with your hospital for the latest update.
    Ya, check with the staff. I think it probably depends on the doctor... Mine was just on 5 Oct '11.

I brought my DSLR to took photos of my new born son at Thomson Medical June this year. The midwife said only can bring 1 camera in and can only start taking photo after my son was delivered. Can't take the process. Maybe because my wife C Sect?
    So I brought my DSLR with my 50mm prime. Our anaesthetic Doc was kind enough to offer to help us take our 1st family photo but 50mm prime was too tight inside there

I brought in mine (@ Mount A). Not a issue.

But than hor, i was so caught up with the birth that I just snap a few random pictures. Later kana suan by my wife after she recovered from the delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren_Hao
    I brought in mine (@ Mount A). Not a issue.

But than hor, i was so caught up with the birth that I just snap a few random pictures. Later kana suan by my wife after she recovered from the delivery.
    I remember Mount A can only take before and after birth in the delivery room due to religious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by weeloong View Post
    will 50mm be a gd choice since i using a 1.6 cropped sensor? I'm still trying to master framing appropriately with this lens..
    I think 50mm might be too tight for some shots. Better bring a zoom lens. Otherwise a pns.
    Mine experience was more than 10 years back and my digital cam (Sony Mavica) then did not have video function. I was told by the gyny that video not allowed but still shots ok. (Mt E) Actually I would video the event discreetly if possible. You can basically take anything since it is not for public consumption.

brought mine in, no restictions and no comments by anyone... jus dun block anyone or use flash, should b fine.
    When the shooting gets tough, the tough gets shooting.

When the shooting gets tough, the tough gets shooting.

Blog Entries

will 50mm be a gd choice since i using a 1.6 cropped sensor? I'm still trying to master framing appropriately with this lens..
    Too tight. I used a 24mm prime on a 1.5x crop.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    I brought my DSLR to took photos of my new born son at Thomson Medical June this year. The midwife said only can bring 1 camera in and can only start taking photo after my son was delivered. Can't take the process. Maybe because my wife C Sect?
    So I brought my DSLR with my 50mm prime. Our anaesthetic Doc was kind enough to offer to help us take our 1st family photo but 50mm prime was too tight inside there
    C section or natural birth, the process is prohibited. Hospital and insurance policy.

mine was at Mount E. didn't take any photos during delivery process as I was there to support my wife. after the delivery (and the cutting of the umbilical cord), the nurse told me quick, take the photo (baby wasn't even cleaned up yet). i used Canon 550D with kit lens for that, which was good enough.
    Last edited by nathaniel; 21st October 2011 at 06:35 AM.

Blog Entries

actually, with all the drama and activity going ard in the delivery suite... a good PnS is more than enuf... trust me. taking photos will be the LAST thing on your mind...

if you want to get some family pic done in the suite, a PnS should ensure some good pic especially since the nurses don't happen to be photographers. for my 3 kids delivered at Mt A, a PnS was all that i could bring in and i can only use after everything is settled. the nurses were kind enough to help me out with the pics.

and yes. turn off the FLASH...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    actually, with all the drama and activity going ard in the delivery suite... a good PnS is more than enuf... trust me. taking photos will be the LAST thing on your mind...
    very true.

my twin boys was delivered at Thompson by C-Sect. i only brought a vidcam as i know i wont be able to shoot well with all the excitement in me, so all i did was record the movements and cries of my babies. at least i dont have to worry too much about focus, exposure and composition.
    Nikon D700| 70-200mm f/2.8G VR2| 28-70mm f/2.8D| 85mm f/1.8G| 50mm f/1.8G| SB900/SB28| MB-D10

Hi, my wife is delivering soon,

Juz want to ask for experience sharing if any ex-daddys-to-be brought their DSLRs into the delivery room to capture the arrival of your new-borns.

Photos may be ok but capturing video might be a prob.. unless of cuz they let u take your tripod in or something..

Gorrila-pod?

Thanks

Wee Loong
    Mod NW75 is correct, you suppose to be there for your wife, not as a photographer or videographer, that is the last thing she want you to be.

you don't want to be a photographer at the wrong time wrong place and wrong occasion, and being nag for that for the rest of your life.

just bring a compact is good enough.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

brought my cam into a csec at mt alvernia. they don't allow photos to be taken during the process. only when the child is out.

trust me. its not easy to focused (mentally) during the surgery when all the blood is spilling out.

one of my fav shot.

Last edited by flipfreak; 21st October 2011 at 10:57 AM.

Nice catch flipfreak.

It also depends on the nurse some rushing then let you do quick shot only and some will entertain and allow you to take at your preferred angles. Enjoy your moment.
    NIKON f2.8 black GOLD
    Canon pure White

saw this on my friend's facebook albums. good for a laugh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12