Thread: does this sound fishy to you?

Deregistered

Default does this sound fishy to you?

1.4 million in 2 years time, with only 800 bucks input?

http://www.make-a-million.net/pips/

a friend of mine recommended it to me, but having prior brushes with a MLM company, my instinct told me it's an outright pyramid scheme at work. what do you think?
    Last edited by sehsuan; 31st October 2004 at 11:19 PM.

Go for it! You seem gullible enough.

Hang on, I'll forward the link to a few third world countries and charities that could do with a few million quid themselves.

Default Disclaimer

Disclaimer:
    Although PIPS adopts a strict risk management policy, investments can go down as well as up. Their diversification of investments enables them to provide as much security as possible within the investment world. In a major market crash or worldwide economic disaster there is a risk that you could lose your funds. Please bear this in mind and DO NOT invest funds that would cause you financial hardship if lost. PIPS does NOT sell, offer to sell any form of stocks, securities or other financial instruments. It is a Private Membership Investment Fund, and as a member you are able to deposit funds into Trust Account Debentures.
    That's what it says on the website..hahaah.. I'm already in financial hardship.. so I wun invest.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    Go for it! You seem gullible enough.

so bad, but the same rule applys, if its too good to be true, dun believe it. Why will anyone share his source of wealth if it can easily get it himself?

sehsuan
    i wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole, or a fully extended monopod if i were you..

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    so bad, but the same rule applys, if its too good to be true, dun believe it. Why will anyone share his source of wealth if it can easily get it himself?
    Anyway, regarding this sentence..
    The reason why 'anyone will share his source of wealth if he can easily get it himself' is cause they use your money to earn say (an example) 10% of that, they give you back 5%, they keep 5%. (again, I emphasize, an example only)

Thats how investments usually work..

A very good example is Warren Buffett .. He's the worlds 2nd richest man..

Started off with like less than 100k.. Started an investment fund, got people to invest, etc etc etc.. Now he's worth $42.9bil. (If you wanna know the history.. go read up yourself.. theres TONS of books on him)

So, in case you are wondering, its NOT too good to be true.. Its possible..

However, I have seen this pips thing before.. They don't reveal a lot of details.. very vague. I suggest if anybody wants to try, ask for more details first.. What kind of exposure (sector or geographical, types of asset class, etc), what are their past performances, etc etc

Another note on MLM, MLM per se, is not a scam. Its just the mindset that external users, and some people who enter the system creates. Some people treat it as 'money without working'. But it doesn't work that way. MLM is a viable and rather fantastic business model. Lots of new business models are using variations of MLM..

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Hang on, I'll forward the link to a few third world countries and charities that could do with a few million quid themselves.
    please forward to nigeria, the scammers there need to part with their ill-gotten gains.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    please forward to nigeria, the scammers there need to part with their ill-gotten gains.
    Good idea!

my colleague intro something similar to me too...
    deposit some $$ and get 2% interest every day!!
    too good to be true.....
    web | blog | fb | ig

Deregistered

what i feel is off with this thing is that it uses your money input as money for investment, and make disclaimers about losing money too. unlike insurance (i think so?) they dont tell you the bad side of things that could happen. clouding people via thinking of striking it.

it parallels MLM (the legit ones) by recruiting people, and cloning the process; it also gives some recommendation fee to the introducer, though paltry. but putting money into people's hands, of whom i have never heard of, nor know of their track record, makes me ponder how true it all can be.

Quote Originally Posted by lytefunk
    Anyway, regarding this sentence..
    The reason why 'anyone will share his source of wealth if he can easily get it himself' is cause they use your money to earn say (an example) 10% of that, they give you back 5%, they keep 5%. (again, I emphasize, an example only)

Thats how investments usually work..

A very good example is Warren Buffett .. He's the worlds 2nd richest man..

Started off with like less than 100k.. Started an investment fund, got people to invest, etc etc etc.. Now he's worth $42.9bil. (If you wanna know the history.. go read up yourself.. theres TONS of books on him)

So, in case you are wondering, its NOT too good to be true.. Its possible..

However, I have seen this pips thing before.. They don't reveal a lot of details.. very vague. I suggest if anybody wants to try, ask for more details first.. What kind of exposure (sector or geographical, types of asset class, etc), what are their past performances, etc etc

Another note on MLM, MLM per se, is not a scam. Its just the mindset that external users, and some people who enter the system creates. Some people treat it as 'money without working'. But it doesn't work that way. MLM is a viable and rather fantastic business model. Lots of new business models are using variations of MLM..

that i understand, but in a nutshell, how many of these investment work for you? If you are not in it, better try not to touch it.

that i understand, but in a nutshell, how many of these investment work for you? If you are not in it, better try not to touch it.
    eh.. From what I understand from your sentence, if something hasn't worked for you before (due to whatever reason, or maybe not tried before), and you have not tried it before, you should not try to touch(or learn or try) it.

Erm.. well, to me (in my opinion only), theres no harm learning new things.. especially if its related to financials.. a lot of people in the world, are not equipped well in financial knowledge, I feel..

Well well, in any case, those who are not sure of this investment idea, I suggest you avoid it.. Theres not enough details given. But if anybody wants to give it a try, I also suggest you 1) pick up more knowledge and 2) find out more of what this pips thing consist of..

Quote Originally Posted by lytefunk
    eh.. From what I understand from your sentence, if something hasn't worked for you before (due to whatever reason, or maybe not tried before), and you have not tried it before, you should not try to touch(or learn or try) it.

Erm.. well, to me (in my opinion only), theres no harm learning new things.. especially if its related to financials.. a lot of people in the world, are not equipped well in financial knowledge, I feel..

Well well, in any case, those who are not sure of this investment idea, I suggest you avoid it.. Theres not enough details given. But if anybody wants to give it a try, I also suggest you 1) pick up more knowledge and 2) find out more of what this pips thing consist of..

what i really meant is if you really wanted to try investment, at least understand it first, like you say. If you have a fairest idea i suggest to stay clear of it

Can i comment / advise some words?

1.There is no FREE MEAL in this world

2.Trust nobody but yourself

3. The worst **** to be in, ITs Partnershit "this is told by a taxi driver"

not pouring cold water who wants to join that, but think twice...
    Favouritism | Design + Lifestyle + Art

what i really meant is if you really wanted to try investment, at least understand it first, like you say. If you have a fairest idea i suggest to stay clear of it
    hehe exactly

Don't jump in thinking without knowing what you're getting into