Thread: newbie shots- pls comment

Default newbie shots- pls comment

Pls comment on my few shots I have just taken, not very used to my new Finepix S3500 yet. Any comments?

good DOF effects although I will choose a better background
    anyway

you should post this up on www.photo.net

best way to learn, alot of pros there but take care of that ego.. lol

Nice try Mew! However a good protrait picture requires a non distracting or clean background...
    When time permits try to compose ur picture, which is to say getting good picture requires luck also

Keep shooting!

idea is there....

play ard with the colours while post processing .....its impt to bring out the vibrancy of the flower's colour...

btw.... try to apply the rule of thirds in ya photos...will give more visual impact...

cheers!

ok thanks for ya comments,
    will try a shot again when I have the time

com join us in our shoots lo haha..

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    com join us in our shoots lo haha..
    after my Os la...next week Os already

idea is there....

play ard with the colours while post processing .....its impt to bring out the vibrancy of the flower's colour...

btw.... try to apply the rule of thirds in ya photos...will give more visual impact...

cheers!
    rule of thirds? eh... wads dat?
    paiseh noobie here

I really like the first one!

Quote Originally Posted by Mew
    rule of thirds? eh... wads dat?
    paiseh noobie here
    Here's an easy read of RULES OF THE THIRDS

More readings of different techniques here in the www.photozone.de site. Have fun reading, and clarify with us if you don't understand!

hmmm...best is meet up...come outings hahaa..

hmmm...best is meet up...come outings hahaa..
    Wah! Witness recruiting for more people huh? Make sure you charge your batteries before you organise anymore outings hor!

Oops! Sorry for the OT. Anyway Mew, nice attempt there. Contrary to what a few have spoken above, I think the first shot has potential of "speaking" more. It's only a pity that the flower is smacked right in the middle... it might be better, if the flower is say at 1/3 to the left and 1/3 to the bottom.

Hmm... I don't know whether it might work for your camera, but perhaps you could try shooting with the in-built flash. Use fill-flash to brighten up the close-ups, especially your second shot, to make it more vibrant.

Keep shooting!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Wah! Witness recruiting for more people huh? Make sure you charge your batteries before you organise anymore outings hor!

Oops! Sorry for the OT. Anyway Mew, nice attempt there. Contrary to what a few have spoken above, I think the first shot has potential of "speaking" more. It's only a pity that the flower is smacked right in the middle... it might be better, if the flower is say at 1/3 to the left and 1/3 to the bottom.

Hmm... I don't know whether it might work for your camera, but perhaps you could try shooting with the in-built flash. Use fill-flash to brighten up the close-ups, especially your second shot, to make it more vibrant.

Keep shooting!!
    woah...many technical terms... wad is fill-flash?

Deregistered

Good effort, like the rest mentioned, try looking for a cleaner background when you take 'isolated' shots, it's distracting like the first shot to have the HDB in the background when you wanted to bring out the solitary and beauty of the subject.

Rule of thirds are fine, but don't adhere too strictly to it, sometimes centre does it all for me. Keep shooting!

hmmm...good luck for ya O's then...after tt u can join us and get cheat to teach u haha..

Quote Originally Posted by Mew
    woah...many technical terms... wad is fill-flash?
    Fill flash is just manually setting your in-built flash to go off even in brightly-lit condition. Just try shooting close-up of flowers in the open with the flash going off... the results would be different!

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Good effort, like the rest mentioned, try looking for a cleaner background when you take 'isolated' shots, it's distracting like the first shot to have the HDB in the background when you wanted to bring out the solitary and beauty of the subject.

Rule of thirds are fine, but don't adhere too strictly to it, sometimes centre does it all for me. Keep shooting!
    Hee~!! Trash the rules!! Be creative!!