Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 101

Thread: photographer beaten up by 5 guys

  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore & Hong Kong
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Aiyah, friend, think positive larh.....

    Anyway, you do have a point here also. I suspect that it would be the ah-beng / butch trying to impress their babes, that they are "fearless".... etc etc

    I would walk away into the open area and near crowds.... while I dun think the public will help in anyway, at least there are potential escape avenue and barriers that I can use.... no tri / mono pods, the bangla's broomstick will do just fine....


    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    hmm those who most likely to come asking for trouble would be those whom not in category of cute & jio-able... most likely before i even show them the photo, they might already start to hurl vulgarities or their fist is starting to swing... sometimes when they wanna start a fight or something, they just can't stop unless they see blood or police, just to save their face.

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore & Hong Kong
    Posts
    903

    Default

    The eagle / tiger says you invaded their privacy and wants to have you for dinner....

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Whilst I'm not really into street photography (I prefer the broad sweeping landscapes and wildlife den human beings), got a piece of advice here:

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    If that's the case, I shalt dispense justice on the behalf of the Heaven's Mandate...

    Meet ur Maker!

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khairi
    this is really CRAP!...peace centre area, i think, is full of unknown gangsters...i think that's y the poor photog got beaten up...it's a place where the young and restless prowl ... those PUNKS!
    Yeah.Mindless fellows who need to get a life.Hey wait..that is their life.We should have a photoshoot recording the underbelly of Singapore, with tattoos and loud shirts dressed by scrawny teens who utter vulgarities in a tone higher than the Vienna Boys' Choir.Haha.

  5. #85
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    When I showed this thread to my friends, they laugh at the part where go to the police and have to hooligans ensure your personnel safty for the next few days/weeks.

    All felt that this is a kids talking, (no offence).

    May be you have not gotten into "real trouble" before. Though singapore is a law-full country, police cant be everywhere and the same time. Before giving these types of advice, think through very carefully pls.

    My case (real life experince) to share with all :

    1) getting onto bus @ interchange during peak hour.
    2) 3 school girls jump q to join ah beng friends (about 6 of them) in the front.
    3) I squeeze through the crowd to get to the rear to as if they feel right doing this.
    4) naturally, bf want to show his man hood (probably around 15-17yrs old).
    5) challange me to a fight.
    6) their big brother suddenly punch me from the back hitting my right face, corner of my right eye.
    7) all the passenger suddenly fell asleep.
    8) boy & girls got scared and pull him back.
    9) went to make police report, but was told to go for check up after they took my statment.
    10) @ 2200hr, took cab to JE poly clinic, was told there I will have to go hospital for x-ray if the medical records will be use in court.
    11) took cab to AH, had x-ray.
    12) took 1/2 day to go sub court get them to investigate.
    13) judge kind of wanted me to play down and let go as he felt this is not a serious offence and will used up some of the police resources.
    14) I insisted on them investigating.
    15) receive letters from jurong police station stating they will look into the issue.
    16) though in statement, i told them the schools the 3 girls are from and that the ah bengs hangs around my area and i can id them, 2 years down the road, nothing.
    17) had to settle otherways, not that many CSer can, so will no elaborate.

    So you see, be street smart. Unless.......
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Those Ah bengs are from 369, Ang Soon Tong, Hai Kim and etc..

  7. #87
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Those Ah bengs are from 369, Ang Soon Tong, Hai Kim and etc..
    Lets not go there pls.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    Lets not go there pls.
    Why? What's wrong? Cannot take jokes ah? Or you scare of them until you even afraid to see their names? Come on..

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    When I showed this thread to my friends, they laugh at the part where go to the police and have to hooligans ensure your personnel safty for the next few days/weeks.

    All felt that this is a kids talking, (no offence).

    May be you have not gotten into "real trouble" before. Though singapore is a law-full country, police cant be everywhere and the same time. Before giving these types of advice, think through very carefully pls.

    My case (real life experince) to share with all :

    1) getting onto bus @ interchange during peak hour.
    2) 3 school girls jump q to join ah beng friends (about 6 of them) in the front.
    3) I squeeze through the crowd to get to the rear to as if they feel right doing this.
    4) naturally, bf want to show his man hood (probably around 15-17yrs old).
    5) challange me to a fight.
    6) their big brother suddenly punch me from the back hitting my right face, corner of my right eye.
    7) all the passenger suddenly fell asleep.
    8) boy & girls got scared and pull him back.
    9) went to make police report, but was told to go for check up after they took my statment.
    10) @ 2200hr, took cab to JE poly clinic, was told there I will have to go hospital for x-ray if the medical records will be use in court.
    11) took cab to AH, had x-ray.
    12) took 1/2 day to go sub court get them to investigate.
    13) judge kind of wanted me to play down and let go as he felt this is not a serious offence and will used up some of the police resources.
    14) I insisted on them investigating.
    15) receive letters from jurong police station stating they will look into the issue.
    16) though in statement, i told them the schools the 3 girls are from and that the ah bengs hangs around my area and i can id them, 2 years down the road, nothing.
    17) had to settle otherways, not that many CSer can, so will no elaborate.

    So you see, be street smart. Unless.......
    for yours, i think its kinda typical of singaporean police... they simply bo chap if your lawyer is not with you... but depends on the status of the person, if just normal employee, i think most would forget about it, but u go threaten to somebody with status, and u see how far you can go... u beat someone with status, and u know what you gonna get. those ppl's life are simply 'worthless' (i am not being stereotyping and prejudice) but if they have other things to do, just do... y bother going to just prove that they are a man by means of a fist? they might as well go try and punch MM Lee or PM Lee, and see how long they are going to stay in changi.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #90
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Yap, that how real the world is. So guys, if you think police will be behind you for these cases (being threaten while taking street photo), man, you are naive as primary student.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  11. #91
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Why? What's wrong? Cannot take jokes ah? Or you scare of them until you even afraid to see their names? Come on..
    Thats not the point here, the intention to pen my own exp. here is to make you guys realise the reply Del_CtrlnoAlt gave.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  12. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    for yours, i think its kinda typical of singaporean police... they simply bo chap if your lawyer is not with you... but depends on the status of the person, if just normal employee, i think most would forget about it, but u go threaten to somebody with status, and u see how far you can go... u beat someone with status, and u know what you gonna get. those ppl's life are simply 'worthless' (i am not being stereotyping and prejudice) but if they have other things to do, just do... y bother going to just prove that they are a man by means of a fist? they might as well go try and punch MM Lee or PM Lee, and see how long they are going to stay in changi.

    Let's see how far they go before they punch one photographer who happens to be from a influential or wealthy family who have no qualms about tracking down these numbskulls,taking them all the way to prosecute and failing which, slapping them with a lawsuit for damages whose figures these punks might not even earn in a lifetime.I am sick of seeing such incidents and one day, these people might just rub some of us the wrong way.And they will regret it.If you have no lawyer, the police would not care less other than write a report and file it.It's more of having the money to press charges that counts in our judicial system for complaints.

  13. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    Thats not the point here, the intention to pen my own exp. here is to make you guys realise the reply Del_CtrlnoAlt gave.
    ??? y me?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #94

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    Let's see how far they go before they punch one photographer who happens to be from a influential or wealthy family who have no qualms about tracking down these numbskulls,taking them all the way to prosecute and failing which, slapping them with a lawsuit for damages whose figures these punks might not even earn in a lifetime.I am sick of seeing such incidents and one day, these people might just rub some of us the wrong way.And they will regret it.If you have no lawyer, the police would not care less other than write a report and file it.It's more of having the money to press charges that counts in our judicial system for complaints.
    Even if you are successful in the lawsuit, a paper judgement will remain a paper judement unless paid by the defendant. They are unlikely to be able pay substantial damages, so petition for their bankruptcy.

    Or if these individuals are guilty of assault and are slapped with a jail sentence with or without caning. They will go and sit in Changi and spend taxpayers' monies. They will eventually be released. Lesson learnt or not is debatable.

    So, what does it serve? To show that one has lots of money to flaunt and spend on lawsuits.

  15. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    Even if you are successful in the lawsuit, a paper judgement will remain a paper judement unless paid by the defendant. They are unlikely to be able pay substantial damages, so petition for their bankruptcy.

    Or if these individuals are guilty of assault and are slapped with a jail sentence with or without caning. They will go and sit in Changi and spend taxpayers' monies. They will eventually be released. Lesson learnt or not is debatable.

    So, what does it serve? To show that one has lots of money to flaunt and spend on lawsuits.
    It merely teaches people that you do not go around infringing other's rights just because what they do makes you uncomfortable in your own insecure way.Get a life and grow, that's what I wanna tell them.

  16. #96

    Default

    Shoot landscapes la, talk so much.

  17. #97

    Default

    Shoot landscapes la, talk so much.

  18. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Haha.Yeah, guess we digressed too much.Let's focus on the scene at hand.

  19. #99
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Luckily, I area of interest still landscape, building and structure. So no problem with Ah Beng but always being question by police and scurity because I normally shoot late at night when everyone is sleeping, so cant blame them for doing their job. Ups for the guys in blue.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  20. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Why? What's wrong? Cannot take jokes ah? Or you scare of them until you even afraid to see their names? Come on..
    its so much easier to talk big and act tough in a forum...
    web | blog | fb | ig

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •