Thread: Lightroom 3

Default Lightroom 3

Hi guys, any one know where to get lightroom 3?
    I am looking for one.
    Retailers are selling at $400+ for one.

Anyone can help? like where to get a cheaper copy and stuff.
    I just got myself a CS5

If you have someone you know who is a student, you can get lightroom at the education pricing. Same for photoshop

Default Re: Lightroom 3

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    If you have someone you know who is a student, you can get lightroom at the education pricing. Same for photoshop
    However, you MAY NOT use it for commercial purposes. So if you are looking to "go pro" you need the commercial license.

Also, getting someone else to use their student status for him is also a license violation.
    Alpha

Actually, I think there is NO educational pricing for Lightroom, as it's meant for professionals only, right? I remember these topic coming up at least 5 or 6 times before.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Actually, I think there is NO educational pricing for Lightroom, as it's meant for professionals only, right? I remember these topic coming up at least 5 or 6 times before.
    Really? I was referring to this chart and they listed down the education pricing for Lightroom 3.

educational software pricing | Adobe

You can also try to find a LR version 2 license and get the upgrade for USD99. It would not be the student version and no limitations apply.
    EOS

Thanks guys. I will go and check it out

Really? I was referring to this chart and they listed down the education pricing for Lightroom 3.

educational software pricing | Adobe

Ooooh, missed that one. Was looking on mine.com.sg - thanks for the tip!

Now to whip out my old student ID...
    Alpha

Where to go to get a good price on LR3? I am looking at non-student version. I realized that student versions although cheap, are not upgradeable.
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Oly5050 View Post
    Where to go to get a good price on LR3? I am looking at non-student version. I realized that student versions although cheap, are not upgradeable.
    Probably online, since you skip packaging and shipping. Otherwise have a look at the various bookshops recommended here.
    EOS

Where? Adobe.com? Thats $299 to download. Most online retailers have to ship the box to you. They dun seem to do download option.
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Oly5050 View Post
    Where? Adobe.com? Thats $299 to download. Most online retailers have to ship the box to you. They dun seem to do download option.
    Yeah, adobe.com. Even their asia pacific online store is SGD 433 for the full download. Downloading from the USA may be cheaper.

Adobe Store - Southeast Asia - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3
    Alpha

The Amazon deal was the best.... S$199 after exchange rate..
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye