Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

  1. #1
    Member Jimjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Singapore lah!
    Posts
    585

    Default Free e-book on street photography by Thomas Leuthard for sharing...

    For sharing...I'm sure you will learn something from these 2 e-books. Free download.

    Jim Learning & Inspirational Moments: e-book on Street photography by Thomas Leuthard
    Last edited by Jimjo; 18th October 2011 at 10:34 AM.
    Just Shoot it!
    My Blog HERE

  2. #2

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Thks for sharing!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    thread moved.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  4. #4
    Member JohnJon82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lavender
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjo View Post
    For sharing...I'm sure you will learn something from these 2 e-books. Free download.

    Jim Learning & Inspirational Moments: e-book on Street photography
    Nice! You wrote the books?
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

  5. #5

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJon82 View Post
    Nice! You wrote the books?
    nope he did not. the ebooks were written by THOMAS LEUTHARD.
    you can go directly to thomas leuthard's website at 85mm Street Photography which has the two ebooks for download as well as other interesting street photography stuff (videos etc)
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  6. #6
    Member JohnJon82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lavender
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Thanks for sharing the books
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

  7. #7

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    very nice, thanks for sharing

  8. #8

    Default

    Thanks for sharing Jim

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Thanks for sharing!
    In the eyes of the beholder!

  10. #10
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjo View Post
    For sharing...I'm sure you will learn something from these 2 e-books. Free download.

    Jim Learning & Inspirational Moments: e-book on Street photography
    you should credit the original author. Your thread and the way you posted it on your website sound like you wrote these two ebook. That's very unethical.

  11. #11
    Member Jimjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Singapore lah!
    Posts
    585

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    you should credit the original author. Your thread and the way you posted it on your website sound like you wrote these two ebook. That's very unethical.
    Hi sinned79, my intention was to share and i thought it is pretty clear when you click on the link on my Blog (not website). I'm sorry that the post made you felt that way.
    May be i can be clearer. Thanks for the feedback

    Source: 85mm Street Photography
    Last edited by Jimjo; 17th October 2011 at 08:33 AM.
    Just Shoot it!
    My Blog HERE

  12. #12
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    thanks for sharing =)
    Lousy de My Flickr

  13. #13
    Member Jimjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Singapore lah!
    Posts
    585

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    thanks for sharing =)
    Thanks luckyorange.
    Just Shoot it!
    My Blog HERE

  14. #14
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Thanks for sharing~!!

  15. #15
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjo View Post
    Hi sinned79, my intention was to share and i thought it is pretty clear when you click on the link on my Blog (not website). I'm sorry that the post made you felt that way.
    May be i can be clearer. Thanks for the feedback

    Source: 85mm Street Photography
    the correct way to share is to post the link to the source directly, that way you need not credit the original author.

    but since you are posting the link to your blog, you should credit the original author if not at least post a source link.

    once you post something your website or blog, you "claimed" ownership by left or by right especially if you did not put any credits.

    don't you agree?

    I know you want more traffic to your blog and it's good to share (i love to share), but share it the right way especially if you are not the original author. Put yourself in the shoes of the original author, how much time and effort he put in to compile this ebook and I don't think he will like it when someone downloaded it and upload to his blog, but only post his blog URL without identifying the source or original author of the book.

    What I learn in schools is that, referencing is very important.
    Last edited by sinned79; 17th October 2011 at 10:02 AM.

  16. #16
    Member Jimjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Singapore lah!
    Posts
    585

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Hi sinned 79 Thank you for sharing your point of view.

    My intention is to share and if you look at all my posts in my blog, sources are quoted (even for pics taken from internet). I learnt that in school as well
    For this post, I may have missed quoting the source unintentionally. Thank you for highlighting.

    Have a great week ahead.
    Last edited by Jimjo; 17th October 2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Just Shoot it!
    My Blog HERE

  17. #17
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjo View Post
    Hi sinned 79 Thank you for sharing your point of view.

    My intention is to share and if you look at all my posts in my blog, sources are quoted (even for pics taken from internet). I learnt that in school as well
    For this post, I may have missed quoting the source unintentionally. Thank you for highlighting.

    Have a great week ahead.
    I did went to your blog earlier but I am pretty sure there is no referencing earlier on.

  18. #18
    Member JohnJon82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lavender
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    the correct way to share is to post the link to the source directly, that way you need not credit the original author.

    but since you are posting the link to your blog, you should credit the original author if not at least post a source link.

    once you post something your website or blog, you "claimed" ownership by left or by right especially if you did not put any credits.

    don't you agree?

    I know you want more traffic to your blog and it's good to share (i love to share), but share it the right way especially if you are not the original author. Put yourself in the shoes of the original author, how much time and effort he put in to compile this ebook and I don't think he will like it when someone downloaded it and upload to his blog, but only post his blog URL without identifying the source or original author of the book.

    What I learn in schools is that, referencing is very important.
    Ya true, when I clicked the link and was directed to TS blog, I thought the books are written by TS. Downloaded and start reading (normally I will skip the cover, content page, and author foreword and go straight to Chapter 1) then start to feel something wrong, so many ang moh photo no Singapore photo... Scroll to author foreword and saw his pic so big diff from TS avatar

    At least TS never download it and host the files himself without linking to the real author's website...
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

  19. #19
    Member Jimjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Singapore lah!
    Posts
    585

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Thank you for your feedback
    Just Shoot it!
    My Blog HERE

  20. #20

    Default Re: Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

    Love it. Thanks for sharing =]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •