Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any safety tips on backpacking to Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    take care of ya documents and cam stuff..bring a copy of receipts....study the terraing there before goin out....

know where and when to go...

pick up basic self def ...

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by leadwe
    This happened many years ago when I took a backpacking trip to Thailand. When boarding overnight coaches, you should be careful of your belongings while sleeping (quite commonsensical but...), even though the coach could be just fellow backpackers. Some of my fellow travellers had their S$ and US$ stolen from their wallets with the Thai baht still intact... that's wonderful skill considering the money was stolen in total darkness during the overnight trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown
    thailand is generally safe. must safer than europe.
    travel like u would travel when in malaysia.

cheers
    Thx for the advice...guys

Erm, i hope i dun hav to use self def...

here's a picture of the place... sorry its not too clear :S used a cheap P&S to take this while i was up there hehe~

Quote Originally Posted by ParkertR
    i'd agree to that... been living here studying for a year now with trips on and off back home to SG. one place you might want to check out is Khao Yai National Park in Saraburi... it'll be on your way up from BKK to Chiang Mai... everyone has to pass Saraburi to go up there. I'm at Saraburi hehe~ Alright... Khao Yai is a nice place to stop on the way up... no kidding. IF ur a nature freak... you got all the nature there man... all sortsa birds, wild boars... you name it. If you have the time to go up to Chiang Rai... the mountain people there... woohoo! the houses! U should have a look at it urself. Then head on to the Thailand/Burma border there. The houses are built along the mountain side... *looks so scary... if the stilts fail... the whole house will go down the ravine that's like... REALLY DEEP*

nat
    So many interesting places but so little time...

U must have been very familiear with the areas there

Quote Originally Posted by ParkertR
    here's a picture of the place... sorry its not too clear :S used a cheap P&S to take this while i was up there hehe~

Tat's interesting...But quite scary tho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12