Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tamiya?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    Vanquish? Nahhh..... Give me a Big Wig, Hotshot, Supershot or a Boomerang!!!
    Sigh... used to have a supreshot... at least until I challenged a real car...
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Ah....
    The days of the long kang challenge...
    Put'em in 1 & see them fly to the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Eh! I also have that blue box! But can't store all my cars. I got almost the whole range of cars but most are unmodified of cause! Gotta rob the bank to modify all of them

During my time, it was bout 14 years ago, so it was Emperor, Grasshopper, Thunder Shot, Dash 1 and 2, Hot Shot, Big Wig, Fox, Hornet, Avantes.... Some come with those spiky tires During those days, a set of ball barings cost $10.90 and it was a whole lot of $$$ to me!

old school...hahaha....and we used to walk about proudly with toolboxes....lol.
    My car took part in competitions...one lost...coz it failed mysteriously....one i was disqualified coz i modified the turbine engine with another material as the coils...haha....and the last my car was too fast, caught up with the last car collide and flew out...disqualified...lol. Oh boy...those were the days...big wig is happening....hehe.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Hehe...
    I still have my Avante Black Special and Super Astute Black. Can't find the Boomerang my cousin gave to me anymore. Also have another cousin with the Egress Black Special but his mum might have given them away to charity by now.
    Also have the Arii racetrack (with loop) lying in the box for the past 4 to 5 years in my room. Heh..
    Anyone remembers the Super-turbo motor from Hwa Hwa (2 distributors back from the current distro)? Heh..

haha.. i oso own tons of them, nv get enuff of those cars !! i want black manta ray !! that translucent car cover! u guys talking abt non-RC ones right ? Tamiya 4WD !! hehee i still got my cars find one day who got track, bring it out, we race lahz ?

Ya, me too sent a fortune on it, mostly my parent's money..-.-" haha.. 2 metal roller cost $12.90 haha.. bt i guess it's worth the price!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    if you have the original Vanquish, I will buy it from you

They were so hot 6 years ago man.... but the later models suck in design. Actually I keep them for the look, not to race.. hehehe
    six years ago, still hot? sure or not? i know back then around my area in 1990/1, there were weekend races held... or was it monthly races? still holding on to my modded avante black special jr + another "crippled" avante black special jr, and two avante 2001 jrs' and one more avante jr

rainman, you mean, "being nuts is neat!" from the avante jr, right?

afbug, yeah, i know of people who cried and tui sim after the wheel flew off after a crash, and had to buy another pack of ball bearings to replace that ONE missing one

firefox, the old distro was Hua Hua, not Hwa Hwa.

haha..
    used to play them like 8-10 years ago...kept them because no heart to sell..

cant even remember what models..but u guys can! wow...
    amazing.

i also thought of modding it, like 2 motors and fitting more than 2 batts..but that time no skill in fabricating..so...no go

man..those days ..cant even afford to buy those special motors or something..
    not to mention tracks and competitions...

once got terribly conned by a kid i used to play with at a playground outside home...

Deregistered

Here's something to share from me...

http://sehsuan.clubsnap.org/images/2...a-img_4523.jpg

haha my was later verisons ones, my uses X-bodies... then most optional parts made of metal ones... hehee got time i shoot them to show u guys !! i'm proud of them lolz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12