Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tamiya?

Default tamiya?

anyone know where to sell these old cars away?

keep them....u maybe surprised in future.

i still have my own modified black avantes...heh.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

man.... i played with those like 5 - 6 years ago.... was a pro... invested a huge sum... how i wish could turn back time and save those money now on photography... :P

What cars do you intend to sell? RC? I might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jonlou
    man.... i played with those like 5 - 6 years ago.... was a pro... invested a huge sum... how i wish could turn back time and save those money now on photography... :P
    aaaahhh.....5yrs...probably u never seen those "Emperor", Grasshopper", Rising Sun etc
    LOL.... those were the childhood days....i still keep them.... in the Blue box...lol.... sometimes take out see see touch toouch reminds me of lotsa wonderful memories.... dun sell lar...keep it for memories sake....

Use it for macro shots lor...lol

if you have the original Vanquish, I will buy it from you

They were so hot 6 years ago man.... but the later models suck in design. Actually I keep them for the look, not to race.. hehehe

i was not interested in the cars or racing them, but i've got a few, still in their boxes. a couple i've opened up for a little project... i'm trying to make a model which will have a front and rear motor, use 3 maybe 4 cells instead of 2, purely for drag racing.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    if you have the original Vanquish, I will buy it from you

They were so hot 6 years ago man.... but the later models suck in design. Actually I keep them for the look, not to race.. hehehe
    I have the original vanquish....infact i was my first car....haahaa... i even kept the TAMIYA racing guide book.... reviews about the cars.... haahaa

Avante original, avante black special and the the clear casing avante.... lol

Vanquish? Nahhh..... Give me a Big Wig, Hotshot, Supershot or a Boomerang!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kegler
    aaaahhh.....5yrs...probably u never seen those "Emperor", Grasshopper", Rising Sun etc
    LOL.... those were the childhood days....i still keep them.... in the Blue box...lol.... sometimes take out see see touch toouch reminds me of lotsa wonderful memories.... dun sell lar...keep it for memories sake....

Haa...to be exact...its was almost 13yrs ago...stablisig poles more stable than VR.... speed faster than 8.5fps... haa..

Is Avante still considered top of the line now?

IMO, nothing they made after Avante, Avante 2 and Egress came close to these cars in terms of material and quality. So yes, I consider them the top of the line stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    What cars do you intend to sell? RC? I might be interested.
    Wah Kit still buying is it? Good stuff man.

If its vintage RC you're after, here's my collection (not really up to date since I am in the process of liquidation).

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=28

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    Wah Kit still buying is it? Good stuff man.
    I haven't gotten anything R.C. for a long time but if some yesterday's stuff appear on the market, I might consider.

I still have my Avante black special with all the mod... So light till it have almost failed me in some races(fly away car, man...). I will go on a week without going for canteen food juz to buy some cheap looking ball bearings lor... Do not know what drives me to do all that.

Used to own Avante RC

- Being neat is nuts!

used to use a avante vrx or something is it....haha.....

go to shop near my house to race...charge the batts so can fly la the car haha...

I still got the track (normal one) behind my bed. Anyone interested? Haha
    Long time never play already

Quote Originally Posted by kegler

Eh! I also have that blue box! But can't store all my cars. I got almost the whole range of cars but most are unmodified of cause! Gotta rob the bank to modify all of them

During my time, it was bout 14 years ago, so it was Emperor, Grasshopper, Thunder Shot, Dash 1 and 2, Hot Shot, Big Wig, Fox, Hornet, Avantes.... Some come with those spiky tires During those days, a set of ball barings cost $10.90 and it was a whole lot of $$$ to me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast