Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fireworks/laser display (29 Oct)

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    7. All entries are non-returnable. The organizers reserve the right to reproduce the images or use them for publication in all media, publicity and exhibition purposes.

Yeah... Nowadays, lots of events also promise you prizes like handphones and stuff.
    Then they want all your pics (be it winning or non-winning) and exclusive use. Basket, I cannot afford $300 handphone meh... If you win, at least something, if you don't....LL.

Default go together?

anyone keen to go shoot together and guide me along? i brought out almost all my stuffs already..

I went to see the firework display. It's a smokey firework display with most of the fireworks erupting within the smoke cloud. Below is a picture of the firework.

hope you all have fun

That's always the case with smoke if there is no strong wind to blow away.

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    7. All entries are non-returnable. The organizers reserve the right to reproduce the images or use them for publication in all media, publicity and exhibition purposes.

I think this is pretty standard for most competitions. The RIGHT to reproduce the images is not the same as EXCLUSIVE rights. You still retain copyrights and the ability to sell the image in the future. You are basically granting them non-exclusive rights to use the image. I agree that this normally only applies for winning entries but here they obviously are looking for cheap promotional material for ad campaigns.

This is not nearly as bad as the Singapore Botanic Gardens one in which you give up the copyright by submitting. The prize here is also much more attractive, cash compared to a consumer digicam.

was there fireworks ? anyone putting up their shots? i was on a bus past the shears bridge ard 805 but seen nothing leh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12