Thread: Order from Adorama via Vpost

Default Order from Adorama via Vpost

I understand Adorama doesn't accept overseas shipping orders. By using Vpost USA, we can actually get stuff from there now, isn't it?

I have no idea who Adorama are, but the general idea with vPostUSA is that you can order things you wouldn't normally be able to have delivered here.

I've just ordered a PS2 game from Amazon (who won't usually ship games to singapore) using vPostUSA. This is my first try using the service so will see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by yeocolin
    I understand Adorama doesn't accept overseas shipping orders. By using Vpost USA, we can actually get stuff from there now, isn't it?
    The answer is yes and yes.

I ordered a mico positioning plate from them last Friday (22 Oct) and according to the UPS tracking, it was received yesterday at my vPostUSA address. If everything continues without a hitch, I'll get a vPost notification today and the plate by next Wed/Thu.

Some times dealers have strict agreement/contract with manufactures that they will not ship products outside their respective region. If that's the case and the dealer is aware that Vpost is a mail forwarding service to Singapore, they may refuse to ship to a Vpost address even if the shipping address is in USA.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Bukit Timah

Adorama and BH do ship to Singapore. But you have to fax over credit card details and address details if you are a first time customer.

Using Vpost just lowers the shipping slightly, and also allows you to deal with some non-overseas shipping (from USA)companies.

But there are also 'non-overseas ORDERS' companies who will not deal with customers outside the USA - eg. If you are using a credit card with a Singapore address or Singapore bank, they will not entertain you no matter where the shipping address is.

Due to the way vpostusa works, it could take a pretty long time to reach your doorsteps. So you better make sure you are not in a hurry.

I believe B&H has slightly lower shipping charges, u can try searching for retailers that offer free delivery within US, might save u some $$$. Example "Free shipping within US for orders above US$25..." . If getting items which doesnt need to be package in box, u can try buying from eBay, look for those reputated POWER sellers to be safe.

adorama does ship to overseas addresses.
    it's usually cheaper to use vpostusa, but they consolidate your shipments once a week, so you need to plan the timing well. add gst for items above S$400.
    also consider the exchange rate your card company is charging & whether international warranty is available, to see if it's worthwhile to get it overseas.
    Last edited by K C; 29th October 2004 at 10:58 AM.