Dear Lightroom users, I've just discovered this,
1. Use a RAW file taken at high ISO. Say more than 1600 (I've tried on Canon 60D, 7D and 5DMKII RAW files). The nosier the better.
2. No editing done to this file.
3. Put to "Fit" view and press "F" till to get into fullscreen mode. Hide the top and bottom bar.
4. In the Develop module. Put the Noise Reduction > Luminance to "100" and the effect should be visible.
5. Make adjustment to either of the following
a) Add Graduated Filter and make adjustment to the "Exposure" to any value but "0" OR
b) Add Adjustment Brush and make adjusment to the "Exposure"" to any value but "0" OR
c) Put the Recovery to any value but "0"
Do you notice if any of the a, b or c is done, the noise reduction effect is gone? But the effect is always visiable in the Library Module.
Problem is not seen working with jpeg files.
Windows 7 64 bit
Monitor resolution 1920x1080