Thread: Motion control HDR and/or nighttime timelapse

Default Motion control HDR and/or nighttime timelapse

Any idea how to do har?

http://gizmodo.com/5847467/is-this-t...apse-video-yet

And what is the right timer setup?

Default Re: Motion control HDR and/or nighttime timelapse

it is the same timelapse video clip mod NW75 share with us a few days ago.

Time lapsed photography with a 5DMk2... epic

from the post by the photographer..

Landscapes: Volume 2 is the second of a three part series (probably). Every frame of this video is a raw still from a Canon 5D2 DSLR and processed with Adobe software. In Volume 2 I again show off my beautiful home state of Arizona and I also made several trips to Utah. This video has some iconic landmarks that we have seen before. I felt that showing them again with motion controlled HDR and/or night timelapse would be a new way to see old landmarks.

Sales Pitch: I would now have to say that my timelapse skill set is very complete. The amount of knowledge I have gained through research, testing, and shooting experience is astounding. From moon phases to high dynamic range to motion control rigs to noise reduction, you would have a tough time finding someone with more overall knowledge of timelapse. If you need help with your next timelapse project you can reach me at 888-444-2739 or DustinF@crewwestinc.com

Most of the motion control for this video was done with the Stage Zero Dolly by Dynamic Perception. Once I got comfortable using the DP dolly I fell in love. I can set up shots now in much shorter times. More importantly for me, it is much smaller and much more portable than my homemade motion control. Without it, shots like the Delicate Arch shot in Utah would be nearly impossible due to the length of the hike. Buy the Stage Zero Dolly if you are looking for quality, inexpensive, easy-to-use motion control. dynamicperception.com/​

In addition to the Stage Zero, I also used a three axis motion controlled CamTram. The CamTram is the most versatile dolly I have ever used. Its applications are only limited by your creativity. The CamTram has virtually no weight limit. I was able to achieve shots that dolly-in with the camera just over the ground because of the CamTram's ability to hold heavy counter weights. Here is their motorized options link: camtramsystem.com/​motorized_info.html and the motorized options video: camtramsystem.com/​motorized_video.html

btw, the interval is really depends on the speed of the subject motion, eg, fast moving cloud is two second, slow is four- five sec, that also have to depend on what focal length lens you will be using, wide angle need longer interval, tele lens need shorter interval. You need to try it out yourself at the site.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    it is the same timelapse video clip mod NW75 share with us a few days ago.

Time lapsed photography with a 5DMk2... epic

from the post by the photographer..

btw, the interval is really depends on the speed of the subject motion, eg, fast moving cloud is two second, slow is four- five sec, that also have to depend on what focal length lens you will be using, wide angle need longer interval, tele lens need shorter interval. You need to try it out yourself at the site.
    Oh... bak chew tar stamp... din see this part... but (a) super pro equipment, and (b) lacks detail - e.g. shutter speed, f-stop, lens, timing, how many shots bracketting, how many EVs etc. All this if not right, one goof off, whole shoot may be wasted wor.

if you can shoot a landscape without much trouble on the setting, don't rely on heave post processing, than shouldn't have problem, just shoot multiple frames accordingly.
    as for the HDR parts, I believe he is using one shot HDR method, as many subjects are moving, including the camera, if multiple shots will have image registered problem.

anyway, time lapse photography is very challenging, I have my fair shares of failed shoots.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio