Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Buying lenses from websites

  1. #1

    Default Buying lenses from websites

    Hi,

    I'm thinking about buying lenses from websites like bhphotovideo or adorama coz it's cheaper from the exchange rates.
    Appreciate if anyone with experience cld give some advice
    Thanks in advance.
    5DMK II | 35 f1.4L | 85 f1.2L | 135 f2L | 17-40 f4L | 70-200 f4L IS

  2. #2
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Buying lenses from websites

    Do not forget shipping charges. and if the item costs more than SGD 400 on the shipping invoice, you will incurr GST of 7% on the entire shipment (inclusive of shipping).

    B and H and adorama, have an excellent return policy. But you will have to pay for the postage of the fautly items back to USA.

    Good Luck.

  3. #3

    Default

    I am always worry buying the lens on line. You are not sure of the conditional and as said the return policy and cost of doing so.

    I would rather go TI a shop and check the condition or go via clubsnap to purchase them. At least i have a chance to check before buying.

    Lens are expensive.



    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123
    Do not forget shipping charges. and if the item costs more than SGD 400 on the shipping invoice, you will incurr GST of 7% on the entire shipment (inclusive of shipping).

    B and H and adorama, have an excellent return policy. But you will have to pay for the postage of the fautly items back to USA.

    Good Luck.

  4. #4
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    So far I only buy low cost and new items on line. Still prefer holding the real thing before payment.

  5. #5

    Default

    Lol thanks for the info guys.guess I wld have to trip down to hk to tale advantage of the usd currency huh?lol
    5DMK II | 35 f1.4L | 85 f1.2L | 135 f2L | 17-40 f4L | 70-200 f4L IS

  6. #6

    Default Re: Buying lenses from websites

    Recommend to get from HK if you are visiting. Much cheaper compared to Sin/Malaysia. Try to make sure it working and focusing is OK. Other, we will have to based on our luck when time goes by using it....

  7. #7

    Default Re: Buying lenses from websites

    For the amount of saving u have, do you think it's worth the risk? If you think it is, then buy it online. If no, then straight from the shops where you can try it yourself. Simple.
    D200

  8. #8
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NikF601
    Recommend to get from HK if you are visiting. Much cheaper compared to Sin/Malaysia. Try to make sure it working and focusing is OK. Other, we will have to based on our luck when time goes by using it....
    Any recommendation for HK? I am going next month. Is the price fixed or you need to bargain?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Buying lenses from websites

    The SGD is not as strong as it used to.
    Exchange rate have change from 1.22 back up to 1.29. I expect the prices in HKG may not be as attractive now. Furthermore, I believe it is with limited warranty. So if you have camera issues, you will need to send it back to HKG for repair work. Unless you are there often enough not worrying about this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Any recommendation for HK? I am going next month. Is the price fixed or you need to bargain?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •