Thread: Anyone has done K2 Basecamp trek before?

Default Anyone has done K2 Basecamp trek before?

Need to find out resources on this adventure

No one has done it before?

hi,

I just did that trek in july, but not to K2 base camp itself. I was in Concordia (4 hours away from k2 basecamp) , and I was climbing GII then.

any queries you need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Stefen
    hi,

I just did that trek in july, but not to K2 base camp itself. I was in Concordia (4 hours away from k2 basecamp) , and I was climbing GII then.

any queries you need to know?
    K...maybe u can let me noe the trekking company that does this, and their contacts?

BTW, the trip, quite siong rite?

The trip is definitely not for trekking beginners. I will recommend some reasonable training before attempting this trek, and you must have really comfortable and broken in trekking shoes! Blisters galore on this trek compared to numerous treks in nepal.

I went with hunza guides, (can search on the net), and my contact person is Amir. Highly recommended, but i don't know whether they are competively priced, as I did a mountaineering trip with them, not a trekking trip.

Please feel free to feedback any additional queries to me.

cheers,

stefen

i only went to the nepal everest base camp a few years ago. but i dun see the need to be very fit.. coz luggage coz ppl carry for me... hehe

Believe K2 is a harder trek. It's also significantly harder to scale compared to Everest. I've only done Annapurna base camp trek many years ago..... aged now

hmmm... everest base camp trek is quite easy...

K2 trek is... reasonable if adequate training is put into it. But I also know that most trekkers and mountaineers I know along the way put that trek as one of the more siong ones...

I will post one of the pictures on to show you that its rather extreme in many ways....

hmmm... everest base camp trek is quite easy...

K2 trek is... reasonable if adequate training is put into it. But I also know that most trekkers and mountaineers I know along the way put that trek as one of the more siong ones...

I will post one of the pictures on to show you that its rather extreme in many ways....
    thanks mate.

will check hunza guides

honestly, EBC is just a bit siong, not very siong. Just need to get good balance when stepping on stones.

oh... quick quick... let me see it and decide if i can go or not...