Thread: Blur pic when zoom in

Default Blur pic when zoom in

Hi Guys, whenever i try to take a zoom in pic, the result is always blur. No idea y issit so.

Im using Canon 600D.

Can anyone advise? Thanks! Newbie here

Default Re: Blur pic when zoom in

put to auto or P mode. Shoot in bright day light outdoor. If still blur then yr lens AF might be out.
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

Quote Originally Posted by dsign2010 View Post
    Hi Guys, whenever i try to take a zoom in pic, the result is always blur. No idea y issit so.

Im using Canon 600D.

Can anyone advise? Thanks! Newbie here
    Ya try auto first... anyway is it possible to give more detail of your problem???
    Nikon D5000 - 18-55mm l 55-200mm l 35mm f1.8g l Grip
    My FlickR l Google+

Yeap tried liao but the pic is still blurred. Zoom out no issue. Thanks.

Yeap tried liao but the pic is still blurred. Zoom out no issue. Thanks.
    Are you trying to take a picture of something and you are too close to it? Like food? If you want a close up pic, you need to look at a macro lens, or consider the minimum focusing distance of your lens.
    Alpha

Is your focusing mode on the lens set to Manual? It's the small switch at the lens barrel, at left side when looking from behind the viewfinder. Because: in standard settings of your camera the shutter would be blocked as long as the camera hasn't got a focus confirmation.
    Please also take time to read your manual about the various settings of your camera. If in doubt what it means just leave it untouched or at 'standard'.
    EOS

Highly suspect the shutter speed is fall below handheld speed.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

maybe you can post the pics here so that fellow CSers can help see the problem

Thanks guys for your replies and advise. When i tried shifting to the AF mode, i cant even snap a pic. Could it be my AF malfunction?

Thanks guys for your replies and advise. When i tried shifting to the AF mode, i cant even snap a pic. Could it be my AF malfunction?
    so it should be in mf mode and you didnt adjust the focus? that y the pic is blur?
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

What is the focal length of the zoom? A long lens is susceptible to the shakes. When you say zoom, I assume you mean zoom in - increasing the focal length & magnification. And your zoom is a variable aperture zoom, meaning likely the f number has increased with the focal length. If this is the case, chances are the shutter speed has exceeded the normal handheld limit Try placing the camera on a stable surface or best on a tripod & try again, if the picture is blur then likely something wrong with your lens. Alternatively, switch to manual focus & use the focusing ring & your eyes to get the subject in focus, if still blur then the conclusion is the same.
    Last edited by s1221ljc; 9th October 2011 at 04:07 PM.

Blog Entries

TS, it will be best if you can post a blur photo here with EXIF info... we will be in a better position to see what went wrong for you.

TS... u would need to answer these questions first before anyone of us could advise you on anything,

1) What is your lens.
    2) If you did zoom in (eg. using a 18-55mm lens, set at 18mm) would your pic be blur?
    3) When you zoom (eg. using a 18-55mm lens, set at 19mm, 20mm, 40mm and so on and so for), which focal lenght would your pic be blur?
    4) What is the distance between between u and your subject
    5) If you set your lens to manual, can you manually focus?
    6) When you set your camera in auto mode, what is your lighting condition (some lens will hunt and hunt and hunt in bad lighting).
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    TS, it will be best if you can post a blur photo here with EXIF info... we will be in a better position to see what went wrong for you.
    no picture no talk.

well, if you are totally sure its blur not because of human error (it. Focusing Mistake, or Shutter speed slower than you can hold it steady)
    it could be the lens fault.

but i agree with other CSers, we'll be able to give more precise comments if we can see the pics with EXIF data intact.
    My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

I suspected you might be using the wrong shutter speed and shooting technique. Min shutter speed = 1 / (focal length x 1.6).
    Last edited by bruggink; 11th October 2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: It should be min shutter speed.
    D200