View Poll Results: Does my Display Medium affect the way I appreciate/work my shots

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • CRT....cheap, established technology, quite accurate

6 54.55%
  • LCD....not really cheap, not really established, but H*LL pretty

2 18.18%
  • WHo cares...as long it shows more less what i thought i wanted to capture/work out..or did i?

3 27.27%
  • Not sure....somethings missing...maybe my shots aint that worthy, maybe neither my wallet!..

0 0%

Thread: Does a Display medium affect your appreciation?...or more?...

Default Does a Display medium affect your appreciation?...or more?...

I like to find out if a Display type affect the way you "view" your shots..ie
    CRT, LCD...

Not very much for me.. But when I saw the images off the 17" Apple LCD's during photomarathon, my jaw dropped.
    But anyway, my photos are all viewed off LCD's.

Default "my world" changed...literally

Quote Originally Posted by DaNi3L
    Not very much for me.. But when I saw the images off the 17" Apple LCD's during photomarathon, my jaw dropped.
    But anyway, my photos are all viewed off LCD's.
    actually this where i get the inspiration for this thread....i think this very sentiments may be shared with countless others who have been used to CRTs but suddenly placed in front of biggy LCDs (mine was 20" at the Photomarathon for all 3 times..man, 3 min isnt enough!).

all of a sudden the whole "perspective" change!... and then you cant live with the good'o trusty CRT anymore. its LCD luxury!

i think a good CRT still beats a good LCD if we're talking below S$5k. But LCDs are definitely more popular. The high end CRTs and LCDs are quite hard to find in Singapore though.