Thread: iPhone 4S camera

Default iPhone 4S camera

Let's start a discussion about its camera here. The pictures and video from the keynote looks amazing! I hope it is as good as it seems.

Do you guys think it will ultimately be a replacement for PnS?

Default Re: iPhone 4S camera

It uses the Sony sensor that was also incorporated into the Arc I believe.

That being said, for the keynote, those images would all be professionally staged, set and processed.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    It uses the Sony sensor that was also incorporated into the Arc I believe.

That being said, for the keynote, those images would all be professionally staged, set and processed.
    I would think so too... But what they said were "straight out of the phone".

Quote Originally Posted by eedwinn
    Let's start a discussion about its camera here. The pictures and video from the keynote looks amazing! I hope it is as good as it seems.

No point speculating now. Why not just wait for the product and then comment on it?
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Quote Originally Posted by eedwinn View Post
    I would think so too... But what they said were "straight out of the phone".
    That's as useful as posting images here with the emphasized comment "straight from the camera" as some self-proclaimed purists do. There are many possible in-camera / in-phone adjustments that can be selected. And in a staged / controlled environment a lot of things can be done which will change the outcome of the image without setting anything in the phone app.
    EOS

Certainly hope it is as good as it seem. And judging from the leaked "sushi" image, it will be worth the upgrade from a 4 to 4S cosI'm one of those that like to shoot my food b4 eating. Cheers!
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

doubt it will best the Nokia N8's camera.

Actually I don't know what's the buzz about iPhone's hardware. It's iOS is great but hardware has always been lagging behind everyone else.

For the record, I am an iPhone user due to iOS and all my game scores which I can't bear to let go.

If I am looking at tech specs, I think SGS2 get my choice.
    Last edited by Deathegg; 8th October 2011 at 09:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eedwinn View Post
    A big big NO.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

A big big NO.
    Maybe not in terms of quality, but practical wise, where people are likely to snap and share thr Internet social website, it might be a great pull of audience from PnS if iPhone 4s comes with a better sensor... Though, I would say, unlikely..
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Maybe not in terms of quality, but practical wise, where people are likely to snap and share thr Internet social website, it might be a great pull of audience from PnS if iPhone 4s comes with a better sensor... Though, I would say, unlikely..
    Isn't that already available with Android? Doesn't seem to make any difference. And Android has the most market share in the mobile market.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    It may be more suitable for some of these activities... but a total replacement for PnS cameras? Hell no.

And I hate to say this, and many apple fanatics will probably want to tear me apart for saying this... iphone's camera has never been the best among phone cameras. Even the Sony-Ericsson K series cybershot phones had much better cameras 5 years ago.

And folks should take a look at the camera inside Nokia N8... I hate the phone and interface.. but have to admit the camera on that thing is pretty darn good.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 9th October 2011 at 04:15 PM.