Thread: Nikon Price Hike?

Default Re: Nikon Price Hike?

Quote Originally Posted by wdEvA View Post
    Will it create an impact on pricing in Singapore and Malaysia ? Europe and US pricing are always higher compared to Asia market...

Quote Originally Posted by NikF601 View Post
    Will it create an impact on pricing in Singapore and Malaysia ? Europe and US pricing are always higher compared to Asia market...
    No wonder that I saw many angmoh at the camera shops in Orchard area ...
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

The Yen has appreciated against the USD and EURO over the past few months thus resulting in elevated prices in these contintents.

I don't think it will affect Singapore market... unless you talk about grey set?

Clarification from Nikon rumors on the price hike
    http://nikonrumors.com/2011/10/09/cl...ase-post.aspx/

dun leh... I still saving for my lens...
    D700 - 24-70mm F2.8 ED - 105mm VR2 Micro - Samyang 14mm - 50mm 1.8D - Mb 10 - SB900 - SB400

to make it simple, its not really a price increase for them... its more like a set of rule like which item can be sold at which value...

I also think there is a price hike. When I was in HKG back in mar, I was looking for a 35mm f/1.8 dx lens. It cost about $250 after conversion. Wanted to buy but they did not had any stocks then. When I return to HKG again last month hoping to buy it, i was surprised that the price have increased to $310. With a limited warranty, it is better fir me to buy it in SGP.

I believe nikon did a price increase.