Thread: Shrinking 5mp picture for print

qhelix
    Guests

Default Shrinking 5mp picture for print

What's the best way to shrink a 5mp picture for printing? I did a search and heard a number of methods. Some say convert to TIFF then resize the image, some say can just resize the picture straight away but increase the resolution from 72dpi to 300dpi...

Any ideas?

Default Re: Shrinking 5mp picture for print

Originally posted by qhelix
    What's the best way to shrink a 5mp picture for printing? I did a search and heard a number of methods. Some say convert to TIFF then resize the image, some say can just resize the picture straight away but increase the resolution from 72dpi to 300dpi...

Any ideas?
    Depends on what size you want to print. The 72dpi/300dpi thing is a misnomer, don't worry too much about that. And the dpi is dependent on the final print size you want.

Anyway, don't really need to shrink the image to print. Especially not if you are printing BIG.

Regards
    CK

qhelix
    Guests

For me I wanna shrink to print a few pictures into an A4 paper, say around 4 or 6 photos on one sheet of paper? So I don't really know what size they're suppose to be, as long as I can fit them on paper I'm happy.

For me I wanna shrink to print a few pictures into an A4 paper, say around 4 or 6 photos on one sheet of paper? So I don't really know what size they're suppose to be, as long as I can fit them on paper I'm happy.
    Oh, then even simpler. Download QImage Pro or
    Arcsoft Photo Printer.

Regards
    CK

qhelix
    Guests

Doh...
    Shareware

Doh...
    Shareware
    What's wrong with shareware? You like it, you pay for it. You don't like it, don't need to pay. Of coz, let's not discuss the 3rd option.

Regards
    CK