Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Square filters

Default Re: Square filters

Quote Originally Posted by rachy588 View Post
    so for a 11-16 tokina. if i want to shoot at 11mm wide with no vignetting , should i get 100mm or 85mm filter ? and can I stack with with my B+w 77mm UV MRC nano filter ?
    I won't recommend stacking square filter adaptor with UV ring filter. If they ever get stuck together, you will have a hard time taking them apart.

For Tokina 11-16mm @ 11mm, I would recommend 100mm system. Use Hitech filters & China 100m filter holder & adapter for a cheaper alternative.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    I won't recommend stacking square filter adaptor with UV ring filter. If they ever get stuck together, you will have a hard time taking them apart.

For Tokina 11-16mm @ 11mm, I would recommend 100mm system. Use Hitech filters & China 100m filter holder & adapter for a cheaper alternative.
    Oh. so i only have to attach the adaptor ring directly onto my filter without any screw in filter ? Where can I get a china 100mm filter holder and ring ? And Can I use those china holder with lee filters ?

Sorry for asking so many questions >.<

I used to use D300 with 11-16 and Cokin filters. You have to use the UWA filter holder and even so, there is vignetting at 11-12mm. 13mm onwards is fine. They are crumble-some to say the least. I am lazy so putting them on and changing filters on them is 'hard work' for me. Nowadays, I don't use filters and even tripod. Just too lazy I guess. I do ... more on post.

Quote Originally Posted by rachy588

Oh. so i only have to attach the adaptor ring directly onto my filter without any screw in filter ? Where can I get a china 100mm filter holder and ring ? And Can I use those china holder with lee filters ?

Sorry for asking so many questions >.<
    Attach the adapter directly to ur lens filter thread. China holder u got try ur luck at orient photo. May not have stock.

Most of you seems to talk about LEE's GNDs and NDs. Has anyone tried their single effect filters like sunset, coral, autumn and sky filters ?

Was watching this video: and wonder what filter does he use to achieve this kind of effect.

Those creative filters can be simulated during post processing. It is very difficult to simulate polarizing effect, ND, and GND effects in Photoshop.
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

But if it's time lapse photography, I don't think it's possible to photoshop thousands of photos.

Quote Originally Posted by walkfaster View Post
    But if it's time lapse photography, I don't think it's possible to photoshop thousands of photos.
    if you are talking about star trails then yes, you can combine thousands of shots in a single photo in Photoshop.
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

But what about time lapse?

But what about time lapse?
    It's possible, but will render ur pc being useless during processing time. In lightroom, there's a copy and page develop settings function that can duplicate ur GND or ND or even other cropping, exposure, sharpness.. etc etc settings throughout many pics.

yup i tried that but it seems like everytime i tried to load a previous setting its takes quite some time. If i were to do this for thousands of pictures it gonna take hours. or maybe running on 4gb ram is too little for photo editing ?

Blog Entries

It is a lot easier than you think it is

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    It's possible, but will render ur pc being useless during processing time. In lightroom, there's a copy and page develop settings function that can duplicate ur GND or ND or even other cropping, exposure, sharpness.. etc etc settings throughout many pics.
    Read up on "Sync" in LR.

hahaha ok! thanks!

so afterall, to get into time lapse photography, i just have to get the set of GNDs and big stopper ?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Read up on "Sync" in LR.
    I personally find that the "Sync" takes up abit more processing power on my computer than when I use copy and paste develop settings. (probably just my computer...)

Did that experiment when I played with my first short Timelapse photography (300++ images)
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

so afterall, to get into time lapse photography, i just have to get the set of GNDs and big stopper ?
    Depending on what kind of timelapse photography you want to shoot...not all requires GNDs or Big Stopper..It will also help if you know what GND and ND10 does.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I personally find that the "Sync" takes up abit more processing power on my computer than when I use copy and paste develop settings. (probably just my computer...)

Did that experiment when I played with my first short Timelapse photography (300++ images)
    Well, just click sync and walk away for a coffee or two. Another is to right click on a selection of photos and do develop settings and apply a preset. I've done 1600 pictures one shot this way... and believe me, time wise it is nothing compared to exporting those pics.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Well, just click sync and walk away for a coffee or two. Another is to right click on a selection of photos and do develop settings and apply a preset. I've done 1600 pictures one shot this way... and believe me, time wise it is nothing compared to exporting those pics.
    1600....you could really can have a good nap...a 300+ already got on my nerves (aprox 20+ mins on my computer, RAW->JPEG)

I still prefer the dummy proof method of copy & paste develop settings

Blog Entries

i'm trying to source for china brand 100mm filters. so far very little luck.

no official websites for tianya, hercules etc. isnt making my life easy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast