Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: looks like Pentax name will be remain and something new in Oct?

Default Re: looks like Pentax name will be remain and something new in Oct?

I guess FF lenses should not be too difficult, just dust off the FA toolings some more FA ltds are still in production.

we all wish and expect for something substantial, but will this camera live up to expectation or exceed or below... we see what it will be!!!

Worst-case scenario: Hand-painted K-5 (like what they did for 645D)!

Here is the answer:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...-la-photo.html

Some small talk:
    - The print on the invitation about a new product was a simple mistake.
    - There will be no new product this year.
    - There will be maybe something new in januari, but we don't have to worry about waiting untill PhotoKina.
    - The Pentax camera division will not merge with the Ricoh cameradivision in the coming year.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlightsg View Post
    Here is the answer:
    they also shared a wish-list with Yazid Belmadi, Pentax France Division:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...ml#post1674696

1. DFA*1.4x Tele Converter.

2. SDM-II design with more reliabillity and faster Auto Focus and implementing them into the current SDM lenses and future new SDM lenses.

3. DA 24mm/f2.0 WR

4. DA*85mm/f1.4

5. DA*135mm/f2.0

6. DA 135-400mm/f4-5.6 WR

7. DFA*500mm/f5.6

9. DFA*200mm/f4 macro
    point 1 (teleconverter), point 2 (better SDM, faster AF) and point 3 (DA24WR) makes sense.

point 4 (85mm f1.4) and point 5 (135mm f2), i dunno. makes sense for FF, but not really for crop?

point 6 (135-400 superzoom), hmmm... i really wonder...

point 7, (500mm prime), agree with the conclusion - more to fill up a gap than something that will sell a million copies...

point 9 (long macro), i personally would buy it in a heartbeat but it is admittedly low on pentax's list of priorities.

overall, looks like business as usual. nothing exciting, nothing alarming.

even if they don't merge the 2 divisions, i do hope that pentax learns a thing or 2 from ricoh with regard to firmware updates. ricoh's approach is very good - very clear on what the changes are, and the functional enhancements kicks @ss

Just wait and see lah. After merging into Ricoh, Pentax is going nowhere but up up

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    they also shared a wish-list with Yazid Belmadi, Pentax France Division:

point 1 (teleconverter), point 2 (better SDM, faster AF) and point 3 (DA24WR) makes sense.

point 4 (85mm f1.4) and point 5 (135mm f2), i dunno. makes sense for FF, but not really for crop?

point 6 (135-400 superzoom), hmmm... i really wonder...

point 7, (500mm prime), agree with the conclusion - more to fill up a gap than something that will sell a million copies...

point 9 (long macro), i personally would buy it in a heartbeat but it is admittedly low on pentax's list of priorities.

overall, looks like business as usual. nothing exciting, nothing alarming.

even if they don't merge the 2 divisions, i do hope that pentax learns a thing or 2 from ricoh with regard to firmware updates. ricoh's approach is very good - very clear on what the changes are, and the functional enhancements kicks @ss
    Ticks all by check boxes actually.

Fast 85mm and 135mm, I have both FA ones. Still an unbeatable look and performance from both esp. the 85/1.4, don't care crop or no crop. Just looks great when given enough subject distance.

XXX-400 f5.6 type zoom and 500/5.6 , needed to fill the gap for people who dabble in long range shots (esp. birding) but don't do it enough to justify a serious 500/4.5.
    Lighter and smaller too.

But wish list is useless, I think Pentax/Ricoh already have their priorities worked out, just what it is and whether they want to share that info with us via a roadmap.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Ticks all by check boxes actually.

Fast 85mm and 135mm, I have both FA ones. Still an unbeatable look and performance from both esp. the 85/1.4, don't care crop or no crop. Just looks great when given enough subject distance.

XXX-400 f5.6 type zoom and 500/5.6 , needed to fill the gap for people who dabble in long range shots (esp. birding) but don't do it enough to justify a serious 500/4.5.
    Lighter and smaller too.

But wish list is useless, I think Pentax/Ricoh already have their priorities worked out, just what it is and whether they want to share that info with us via a roadmap.
    i see... my thinking abt the 85 and 135 is that they seem a bit long on crop but based on your experience, i suppose it could be useful

as for the long zoom, yes, i suppose there's a niche... but imo, i think its more of a bridge to poison pple to eventually graduate to a 500mm.

agree that they probably have given their priorities some thought as the take-over was announced months ago and the new owners must have had a chance to think through what they wanna do moving forward or even communicated some of their priorities to key managers in the new division ahead of the official d-day.

next big event to look out for would be photokina in 2012

WR for 16-45 will be sweet! Good for fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    WR for 16-45 will be sweet! Good for fishing!
    i thot the 18-55 WR is already great for that purpose? not that much slower than the 16-45 F4 too...

anyway, fishing = salt water? better have a bottle of clean water on standby and rinse after the shoot give your K5 a bath and watch your friends' shocked expression.

Been there done that, and shot a few jumping sailfish and peacock bass along the way And btw, jumping fish shots are not easy and K5 takes the cake.

18-55 is good, but my 18-135 is even better! I really need a wider angle (16?) for small boat use and to make the fish look larger and the composition more dramatic. Hopefully the rumored 12-35 wr will materialize.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    Been there done that, and shot a few jumping sailfish and peacock bass along the way And btw, jumping fish shots are not easy and K5 takes the cake.

18-55 is good, but my 18-135 is even better! I really need a wider angle (16?) for small boat use and to make the fish look larger and the composition more dramatic. Hopefully the rumored 12-35 wr will materialize.
    DA* 16-50mm f2.8? if i manage to upgrade to a k5 next year, a WR 12-35mm would be perfect for caves and mountaineering..
    Last edited by clownpo09; 10th October 2011 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Just wait and see lah. After merging into Ricoh, Pentax is going nowhere but up up
    I hope you are not referring to the prices!

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
    I hope you are not referring to the prices!
    I guess that's included too, given the higher JPY nowadays

So no news from germany side ?
    Shoot More Learn More

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
    Worst-case scenario: Hand-painted K-5 (like what they did for 645D)!
    I suffered great depression, when I heard of such news about the brand I use,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123