Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: iPhone 4S is announced...

Default Re: iPhone 4S is announced...

Quote Originally Posted by captiva View Post
    I will buy one 4S to show my support to Steve jobs - RIP
    That's just... bizarre logic. Like he still cares if you contribute a few $$$ to the 70 BILLION apple is already sitting on?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

That's just... bizarre logic. Like he still cares if you contribute a few $$$ to the 70 BILLION apple is already sitting on?
    Haha....anyway used to using iPhone and time to upgrade my 3GS.

Quote Originally Posted by cannedpineapples View Post

I have no wish to turn this into a vicious personal attack, but instead I do think this is an important business and ethical (as distinct from religious, political or racist) question worthy of consideration.

What is a company's "right"? Should it pay the lowest wages because it can? Does it have the responsibility to be a good corporate citizen, or just to earn maximum profits?

It's not at all an easy question. Apple is a company that survives mostly on its marketing prowess. Other such companies (Coke, Nike) have all come under attack for 'exploitation' in recent times, when really all they did was pay prevailing market rates in developing countries. For Apple, the problem may be worse, since it thrives on an image of 'cool', and most people don't think cheap developing country labour is cool.
    Taking it for a neutral standpoint, indeed no ones likes to be exploited and no one should either. Apparently it's a 'Mad World', that we are living it. If you look into another perspective, I would also say "What a Wonderful World!". But looking at the bigger picture, it's not just Apple, IBM, HP and all those big corporates. It's a country issue altogether. That's why I say the issue itself is political because it's after all an issue between the strong and the weak.

I think sometimes despite how much ethnic and morals we want to pour into this world, it is still very much a natural phenomenal that strong wield the weak. Instead of looking at how third parties can help to balance the situation, perhaps the parties involve should be the first to look at the issue and strength up.

That being said, it doesn't mean we should just ignore the problem altogether. But seriously what can you do to help ? Boycott the product ? So this will help the situation better ? It will make the weak stronger ? No it will not, such extreme actions do not resolve the fundamental issue and definitely will not help on long term. Besides it's not something that individuals like us talking about it and going against it will help.

If you think about it in another perspective, despite some countries labors are exploited, but did it not bring in more job opportunities for these people ? What are these people doing before they are in their current job ? I know it's not an easy subject to talk about all together because after all, we are just 3rd parties.

If an individual is so hard up about the capitalism nature currently, perhaps what he/she can do is start working from things around him/herself instead of voicing out into the open about how unfair life are for others.

Nature has not been forgiving to humanity, to be fair is basically going against nature (That's how I look at it). I feel it is necessary to look at the same things from multiple different facades. Stay objectives and tackle the problem from different levels. Don't just lump them altogether, and expect things to work out better. It doesn't
    Last edited by David Kwok; 6th October 2011 at 02:11 PM.
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Quote Originally Posted by rashkae

that's just... Bizarre logic. Like he still cares if you contribute a few $$$ to the 70 billion apple is already sitting on?
    lol. :d

Wondering if there is iPhone Steve job's signature edition, it will be collectors item now.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Wondering if there is iPhone Steve job's signature edition, it will be collectors item now.
    won't be suprise if there is such special edition. Anyway, unscrupulous sellers (who will sooner or later appear) will scribble something and claim it's signed by Steve Job.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Apple CEO Steve Jobs dies out of cancer

http://www.apple.com/sg/stevejobs/

Singtel register for interest.

https://www.singtelshop.com/iphone4s/

Just updated my iPhone to IOS5 but since then I could not access the subscribed content of Clubsnap.
    Wandering if other experiencing the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Actururss
    Just updated my iPhone to IOS5 but since then I could not access the subscribed content of Clubsnap.
    Wandering if other experiencing the same?
    Yes. Same here.
    Canon EOS 7D | EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM | EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | 580EX II

Same here... iPhone cannot access, but iPad can.

Blog Entries

you know what...

starhub's web page for the iphone is empty

iPhone 4 - StarHub

Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post
    So is HP, first tablet off the shelve, 2nd looking at another company to take over its desktop production line. When is a company too big to be bankrupt ? One very true aspect is indeed that Windows have a faithful bunch of users in the corporate world. Not that these users don't want to change to Mac, but because the very OS they are using today is still Windows XP. It's the support and the software that are stuck with this operating system.

As a Mac user myself, it is true I still use Windows, for some particular reasons such as M$ Office is better in Windows, M$ PM, M$ Visio and VMWare infrastructure client for administration of VMWare systems.

Basic functionalities such as listening to music, watching of HD videos, surfing net, VoiP conferencing, and so forth are very much, if not better, just as good as the M$ Windows. If it's about basic users jumping the ship, what APple has to offer is a much better option for hassle free usage.

If today it's about games, yes I pretty much agree Windows still have an edge over, seriously not because Windows is better, but because of the R&D cost invested in the 3D engines that are already written for M$ platform. Also for this industry, performance is their KPI. It's much easier to squeeze performance on a platform they have understood for years, than to move into a new platform with different API and different optimization required.
    cheeminology

Maybe iPhone high sales figures has hurt competing brands. Symbian > Anna > Symbian Belle. Fixed focus > Full Focus. Nokia $95 M loss as sales plunge.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 31st October 2011 at 10:50 PM.

Blog Entries

singtel has released details for their iphone 4S

look at what the delivery boy brought last saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by engrmariano
    Could've saved some trees

Quote Originally Posted by engrmariano View Post
    just got mine too and im loving it ... for now
    canon fan boy ;D

Got mine too !!! Black for me and white for wifey
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

can ask Siri something for me?

Did the quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog?
    Objection !!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345