Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4S is announced...

Apple Veri smart fir cone black I phone 4. Every1 buy. Thn white iPhone 4. More ppl buy. Bow iPhone 4s. Lagi more ppl buy. U see all de other fone companies, all de diff colour out at the same time thn not as popular as iPhone.

Moral of story: release one colour at a time. No more colours, add one "s" at the back and repeat.
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

Blog Entries

Default Re: iPhone 4S is announced...

almost EVERYONE of my colleagues with 3GS is going to upgrade to 4S ....... not a SINGLE one with iphone4 seems to be budging
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Actually I'd say that's squarely due to the brand mentality and kiasu attitude, plus heavy telco subsidies. Locals don't want to be "left behind" if their peers are getting iPhones and since Apple is a "cool" brand they want it, like LV bags, etc...

When you recontract, you may need to top up 200-300 for a samsung/SE phone, but the iPhone4 is free, even if it actually costs more. So it's a no-brainer to get the iPhone4 instead.
    Well there you go- four battles being fought. The fourth is marketing.

And we know NOBODY beats Apple at Marketing. They are the Canon+Nikon of mobile phones..

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    Apple Veri smart fir cone black I phone 4. Every1 buy. Thn white iPhone 4. More ppl buy. Bow iPhone 4s. Lagi more ppl buy. U see all de other fone companies, all de diff colour out at the same time thn not as popular as iPhone.

Moral of story: release one colour at a time. No more colours, add one "s" at the back and repeat.
    Ah, the benefit of releasing products on a fixed schedule, and at the right time (not too infrequently to annoy, not too frequently to lose customers). Consumers basically know by now, "save up every Sept or Oct, a new Apple product will be coming that you want."

The new A5 processor and 8 MP camera was already expected...

What if they just call it iphone5 instead of iphone 4s... dun think there will be so much discussion...

anyway to me its a new iphone they launching whatever name they call it...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post

Can you please speak english?
    Alpha

The iPhone 4S :
    Low light sensitivity
    8MP
    AUTOFOCUS
    Tap to manually Focus
    HDR
    1080p HD Video
    Video stabilisation.
    A5 chip
    IOS5
    Face sensing in portraits
    Now you can open the Camera app right from the Lock screen. So when things happen fast, you’ll capture them fast.
    Edit photo on phone.
    Photo streaming.
    Custom lens uses five precision elements.
    Larger f/2.4 aperture.
    Advanced hybrid infrared filter keeps out IR light.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 9th October 2011 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Now you can open the Camera app right from the Lock screen. So when things happen fast, you’ll capture them fast.
    There was an app that would let you do that. Then Apple banned it from the app store for "violating our usability terms". Now they "innovated" the feature themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Advanced hybrid infrared filter keeps out IR light.
    While that sounds great on the marketing brochure it's not necessarily a good thing.
    Alpha

Nvr like andriod, too sluggish and the OS is too fragmented and vulnerable to a lot more virus and attack than IOS. Apple may be slow in giving features, at least when they do its stable and do you realize their users experience with each features is enjoyable? Thats something most companies couldn't give to its customer. Yea, sure, Android users had all these features long before IOS. But, the users experience is somewhat... lacking.

Did apple just said the lens is designed by them? Maybe they should revolutionize DSLR and create iDslr!

Quote Originally Posted by Fezqu View Post
    Nvr like andriod, too sluggish and the OS is too fragmented and vulnerable to a lot more virus and attack than IOS. Apple may be slow in giving features, at least when they do its stable and do you realize their users experience with each features is enjoyable? Thats something most companies couldn't give to its customer. Yea, sure, Android users had all these features long before IOS. But, the users experience is somewhat... lacking.

Did apple just said the lens is designed by them? Maybe they should revolutionize DSLR and create iDslr!
    Huh??? LOL!!!!

1. My android phones have all been much faster/responsive than the iPhone4 my company gave me.
    2. iOS is a wide open mess for viruses, etc. You think iOS is safe??? LOL!!!! iOS is always the first to fall in any vulnerability test.
    3. User experience? You mean, you don't like that you can change the complete UI of android to suit your wishes, which iOS won't let you? If the iOS experience was so enjoyable, they would not have been jailbroken from day 1 - and here's a big hint, the jailbreaks make use of the HORRIBLE security and vulnerability in the iOS system.
    4. It's not hard to design a small lens like that. So it's hardly any "engineering feat", most cellphone makers have been doing that since cameraphones were invented.

Talk about being brainwashed...
    Last edited by Rashkae; 5th October 2011 at 04:52 PM.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

Huh??? LOL!!!!

1. My android phones have all been much faster/responsive than the iPhone4 my company gave me.
    2. iOS is a wide open mess for viruses, etc. You think iOS is safe??? LOL!!!! iOS is always the first to fall in any vulnerability test.
    3. User experience? You mean, you don't like that you can change the complete UI of android to suit your wishes, which iOS won't let you? If the iOS experience was so enjoyable, they would not have been jailbroken from day 1 - and here's a big hint, the jailbreaks make use of the HORRIBLE security and vulnerability in the iOS system.
    4. It's not hard to design a small lens like that. So it's hardly any "engineering feat", most cellphone makers have been doing that since cameraphones were invented.

+1 to that...

The real deal breaker is when iPhone 5 will be release, maybe it wow will users again...
    But for now Nexus Prime looks more exciting...
    Last edited by scholesville; 5th October 2011 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

Can you please speak english?
    No I cannot. I can only type. (haha ok lame :P) Pardon the horrendous spelling and grammar mistakes.
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

Huh??? LOL!!!!

1) Speed. There is "faster so that it makes a difference", and there is "faster but it doesn't make a difference because the iPhone is fast enough".

2) I personally have not had any viruses on my iPhone, and I'm guessing most people have a similar experience. Provided you went the 'dumbed-down' route and didn't jailbreak, that is.

3) Some people like customisability, some people like simplicity. I can tell you that having been involved in design, there is a big group of people who prefer simplicity over customisability. That's why Angry Birds is the top selling game on the iPhone, for instance. The iPhone's audience is not the type who like full-fledged Linux do-it-yourself level of complexity. Go look at how many jailbroken iPhones exist vs how many non-jailbroken iPhones exist. In 2009, only 6.7% jailbroke their iPhones (http://appscout.pcmag.com/apple/2726...are-jailbroken). Today, the number is probably smaller as the tech-savvy users migrate to the Android, and more casual users pick up the iPhone.

4) Sure, it's not hard to design such a lens. But most people probably don't care, all they hear is "the new iPhone has a super-awesome new camera, to go with everything else that was super-awesome about it before".

Huh??? LOL!!!!

1) So sorry, used galaxy S before and its not faster than iphone4
    2) No virus for me so far, but, read lots of report about Android system being attack by virus due to the "openess"
    3) I prefer simple and easy to use phone. Dont need to customize it like how a ah beng will do it to their subaru.
    4)That was just for fun, take a chill pill.

Brainwashed? I could say the same back to you xD

Huh??? LOL!!!!

+1 to this.

but sometimes, ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by cannedpineapples View Post
    2) I personally have not had any viruses on my iPhone, and I'm guessing most people have a similar experience. Provided you went the 'dumbed-down' route and didn't jailbreak, that is.
    You mean a lot of Android users have viruses?

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    You mean a lot of Android users have viruses?
    I don't mean that. I just meant there has been no problems for me.

Besides, I doubt "no viruses" will be listed within the top 5 drivers for the market segments whom Apple and the Android makers are primarily targeting.

vulnerability does not only mean or equate to viruses.
    is using a digital camera that works ...

Blog Entries

btw htc and samsung is going to announce something soon, separately

I do not understand all the artificial "hysteria" over the iPhone.

For your info:
    All parts together cost about 85€ (120U$)
    Assembly take place in China and cost about 3,60€ (5U$) per iPhone.

Apple selling price = 650€ ( 880U$)
    (exch. €/U$ 1.40)

The worker in China get paid a pittance and are used by Apple extremely exploited!!!!

??????

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast